Help with PPI results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Evan,
EricInChicago told me that he did what you're describing and that it wasn't so bad. But I'm also told that it doesn't save much time versus dropping the engine, which is why most dealers will tell you that an engine drop is required.

Thanks for the info !
Old 05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

5) all brake pads okay, rotors slightly "dished"... recommending turning them when pads are replaced down the road
FWIW my understanding is that you don't machine 993 rotors. They'll have to be replaced.

Fix the rack and enjoy! Sounds great.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking Truespeed, are they great, or what?

They must lose on every deal, yet make it up on volume! <<<My feeble attempt at a joke.

I have heard nothing but good things about Truespeed, in fact I met one of the owners once, nice chap.

The steering rack may go sooner or later...if they are paying for it, Ger Ur Dun! Jump on the car...it sounds solid. If Mark and laura say its OK, its OK. Hergeshemier Motorsports is one of the premier shops in SoCal, and they are always at the track to support their customers!

Welcome to the 993 club...and while we are at it, don't forget to join PCA and the Porsche Owners Club www.porscheownersclub.org PCA will meet your social needs, and POC will see to it that you get your track jollies.

In the words of Rennlister Chris Walrod, "Is this a great place, or what?"
Old 05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
EThec
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy it! The rack leaking is not a big deal particularly since someone else is paying for it. It's an 8 year old car. I recently replaced mine on my '96 993tt. It was starting to leak, ever so slightly. I probably could have driven it the way it was for at least a couple more years, but decided to make it right. ENJOY!

Quick Reply: Help with PPI results!!!