Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JIC cross Suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

There is regular maintenance involved with with the JIC/TRG setup. As Jauder mentioned, the locking collars can loosen and need to be checked regularly. The TRG bars have locking collars on either side of the mounting clamps that can loosen up. The RS bars have a permanent collar that helps with the alignment of installing the bars as well as not allowing any sideways movement in the bar. This is why many prefer the RS bars, but they are expensive.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:11 PM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, it's not just the collars, it's the nut inside the shock. If you are looking at a front shock, it is where the adjuster goes into.

Keep in mind that by tracking we put a lot of stress on these parts and I regard this as just regular maintenence.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:00 PM
touf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thank u guys for all the info.
I am going with the JIC Setup/RS Sways just like the used set I purchased from Ben. Now just crosing my fingers and hoping forthe Fedex claim to go through. I am hoping to have these installed prior to 6/4 for teh Buttonwillow TT with PCA SD.
Jauder, I will make sure that my installer (Tim at MindOverMotorsports in SD) is aware of the locking nut needing to be tight before the install.
Now if only my body shop will finish my car by this WE

Quick Reply: JIC cross Suspension setup