Sponsored by:

Paint Work Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
JSA993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Work Opinions

Help me decide.....I received my euro turbo front bumper cover from Gert on Friday. I was talking to my paint guy (fortunately a good friend) and he was asking how far I want to go with the paint work. My 993 is a early '95 (build date 02/94), has 67K miles, and has several nicks and rock chips in various places on the hood and front fenders around the headlights that I am considering having repaired. I would also like to have the rough surfaces immediately behind the front wheels redone as they have the "sandblasted" look. The only previous paint work was a re-clear of the left quarter panel to take care of some scratches that would not buff out (have the original owner's detailed body shop receipt).

Do I have the front clip blended in to take care of the chips, etc. and re clear it or do I put the new bumper cover on and forget about the rest?

I'm not really concerned about it affecting the resale value in the immediate future as I plan to keep the car, but you never know.

Jeff
Old 05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in the same delima. I think I'm just going to go ahead a do a full re-paint. My GF thinks I am insane but it's the only way I'll ever be happy with it.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

I agree with Dan, my car also has minor chips and scratches and i think the only way to do it right is a full repaint. I really wish i could go back in time and buy new. It sucks worrying about the next guy. I would still have bought my car with a re paint if there was proof that it wasnt because of any accident.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:39 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

As you may know, I just had the front end repaired on my car. They painted just the front end (including Gert's new euro Turbo bumper and Turbo S spoiler) and it looks identical to the rest of the car. Course, mine's black so it's a bit easier on the matching, etc. but I really am amazed and I'm PICKY!!!!!!

IMO, get the front end done and don't worry about a total repaint.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
JSA993
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the opinions! I've decided to repaint the hood, touch up the fenders and of course clear the entire font clip. If I take it any further, I'll make so nice I will be reluctant to drive it, and that's not going to happen. Like lowering and changing the stone guards, I'll take before pics for documentation and worry about resale if and when the time comes.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:33 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

I had mine repainted the same way you are going to when I had my bumperettes removed. No issues at all with it. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Paint Work Opinions