Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercups or GHL's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking A Fabspeed Super Cup buy can very easily be....

arranged. All we need to do is contact Kary Clements at Group 9 Motorsports, a Fabspeed dealer. info@group9motorsports Kary is a Rennlist sponsor.

Kary has earned a reputation for speedy delivery, excellent service and prices. I'll send him a copy of this thread for a heads up.

As mentioned above, I had them and sold them...not I want another set. And as also mentioned above, you will drive the car more and harder too; it just sounds so damn good! Thanks Joe Fab!

I receive no compensation for these remarks.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:17 PM
solsrch
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Mark can attest, I keep toying with idea of jumping from Maxflows to Supercups. Please stop all this group buy stuff immediately, otherwise I might just get sucked in by you all. Must resist . . .
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I had Supercup 3rd Generation, sold them for some silly reason...
And you were darned right to sell them! (thanks again, by the way )

Remember, guys, these are NOT the panacea for meek stock exhausts. You need a strong tolerance for droning exhausts, and it can be brutal on long highway trips. If you like to listed to music, fuggetaboudit. I usually love the sound of mine, but they're brutal on the highway, and I worry that around town they make my car even MORE of a cop magnet. If I did more street and less track driving, these would not likely be my choice.

Thanks Martin, also, for the idea about the noise-cancelling headphones! I might pick up a set. I guess you could just put them on and turn them on without music. (I think listening to music in headphones while driving is illegal, in addition to being a generally bad idea...)
Old 05-09-2005, 06:12 PM
9sixty4
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would be interested in a group buy also.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had MaxFlows and loved them. How much louder are Supercups inside the car? MaxFlows and drilled airbox were fine for me.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

The Supercups aren't painfully loud inside. I would reserve the word "pain" for the aural assault when standing directly behind the car. Inside, the sound is loud and, if you get into the wrong part of the rev range, the resonance makes conversation downright difficult.

Rick, I'm sure Sam N would let you tool around Summit's access roads so you can assess the third gen 'Cups.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking Supercups...

Better get this GB organized...I have heard that the Supercups are on a 3 week back order, oh no!!!!!!

You will love these "mufflers"; they are brutal. I owe this present sate of madness to Rennlister Slapshot. One ride in his car and I was sold!

In my vitals on Rennlist I confess that I generally do things two or three times before I get it right...well I am right in character again.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Prabha Gopinath
Track Day

Default Supercups and Noise from B&Bs

This reminds me on the B&B exhausts and headers I had on my '90 964/C4. They were pretty loud and bearable at highway speeds but they had this absolutely nasty resonance and peak at around 2000 rpm. In stop and go commuting traffic they were a nightmare - so much so that I started carrying shooting ear plugs in the car. Finally I realized they were more of an aggravation than they were worth and replaced the stock exhaust. The car was sold and replaced with a '99 996/C4 which was probably the biggest mistake I made. That one is gone too now.

Best wishes
Prabha
(incoming '96 C4S)
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 390 Posts

Martin,

Maybe I jumped the gun by sending Group 9 (Kary) an email and asking about the rennlist group buy for Supercups. From your previous post I thought it was arranged, sort of. Haven't gotten a response back on my email, but would like my name on the list... as the car is already annoyingly loud to my wife and dogs and would like it to be more annoying.

Rob

Last edited by Kigiin; 05-09-2005 at 08:46 PM. Reason: type
Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since my car never runs at 2000 rpms, I guess I should be ok. I shift under 4k when cold and at 6k when warm, cruise between 3k-4k. I may have my GHL's sold already. Supercups here I come. Still thinking about my beloved MaxFlos though. Mark, I won't be at SP next weekend. So bummed I haffta attend a wedding in FL.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by pegasis0066
Martin,

Maybe I jumped the gun by sending Group 9 (Kary) an email and asking about the rennlist group buy for Supercups. From your previous post I thought it was arranged, sort of. Haven't gotten a response back on my email, but would like my name on the list... as the car is already annoyingly loud to my wife and dogs and would like it to be more annoying.

Rob
Just saw your post and will respond to your e-mail shortly.

For others that are interested I would be happy to put together a group buy if people are interested. We could also throw in the Maxflo's if we can get enough people. Please e-mail at kary@group9motorsports.com if you are interested in a group buy for either muffler type. I will figure out what pricing I can come up with based upon participation and let you know.

Quick Reply: Supercups or GHL's?