Sponsored by:

OT: Porsche Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Sputnik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Porsche Commercials

Few weeks ago I accidentally catched American Le Mans Series on TV.
While the racing itself was absolutely blast to watch I really didn't like Porsche TV commercials shown during breaks.
They aired two different 30 seconds spots: one for Cayenne and one for new Boxster. By my opinion both of these commercials missed the target: after watching them I didn't feel like I want to become a Porsche owner. There was no story there. No spark. No image. No mood. No history. No energy....no speed....no risk..no power...no beauty...no curves...no style. And that is impression I have - Porsche owner! I think many non-Porsche viewers just switched the channel after first few frames of commercial.
I wonder what you guys would want to see in new 911 Porsche commercial? What would touch your heart most? Nostalgy and connection to your past? History of the car? Rear engine? Sound? Smell? Shape and form? Large wheels/small body proportion?
Round headlights? Racing properties? High tech technology. Expensive to produce high quality components of car? Sport seats? Feel of road?...what topic about 911 would you touch in order to convey EVERYTHING you want to say about this car within only 30 seconds of TV commercial. You have to make your listener (viewer) love 911 as much as you love it! 30 seconds only!
Please post your comments here or if you wish - email me at tempo3d at yahoo dot com. Your suggestions (who knows) could be one day found in real Porsche TV commercial!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:31 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I loved the old Boxster commercial where the guy wakes up from his coma,and takes his RS Spyder out for a spin and sees a new Boxster. Both guys say "holey shmoley". Classy. And a good basis for a new 911 ad as well. How about a montage, showing the 1965 911 "morphing" through the various years and race cars (including the 935 Moby Dick) and ending with the newest model they are showcasing?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Sputnik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see that Boxster commercial you mentioned. It sounds interesting!
What I saw was Boxster is being driven through different locations.
Fast cutting. But nothing unusual. And Cayenne spot depicted some fellow who is happy his wife liked their new Porsche SUV.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I liked the old print ad for the Boxster....
$1.00 a mile for the first 42,000 miles....after that....FREE!

Quick Reply: OT: Porsche Commercials