To the 45 Members who want refunds

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default To the 45 Members who want refunds

I don't understand this request for a refund of your membership. To me, it sounds like canceling your cable/dish TV because you don't like how the public or panel of judges voted on the last episode of American Idol.

You're pissed at 8 out of 250,000 unique IP's. You don't like 1 thread on 1 Board out of thousands? And for that you are going to punish J&J?

Think it over, recind your request.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:06 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are kidding, right? 45 members want refunds?? I can't believe this!!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I totally agree!

When John said those people want refund it was just 100% WTF for me?!

I mean, come on people, think it over and get real.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I say we take up a collection and pay these people off with a big smile. No need for John and Jen to have to dip into their wallets and cover it.

I'm in for a C-Note to assist with the "cost to cure".
Old 05-05-2005, 12:43 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

OMFG! You guys have to be kidding. Someone slipped them a little "Too Much Time On My Hands" and "Drama Drink". Talk about making a mockery of oneself. Just take bag of marbles . . . ah, never mind. A refund, I say!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Easy enough to make a contribution to cover the dearly departed - I paypal'd this morning over coffee :-)
Old 05-05-2005, 12:45 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. Think it over people... you're basically punishing John and Jen.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

After they cancelled/refunded, will they still visit/browse this site?

CP
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know that many of us have already made additional membership contributions to compensate for their loss and as a good will gesture.

Greg Fishman in "THE" thread made this offer, though I don't know if he is intending to follow through on it: "...Just a wild guess, but what are those flaming emails saying, if they are wanting to cancel their membership over something this petty then cancel it, refund their money and send me the bill for their dues and I will gladly compensate you for the loss of income/revenue."
Old 05-05-2005, 12:51 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm sincerely afraid that those who seek the refunds are our most knowledgeable 993 owners. I hope I'm wrong. But it's especially bothering that newer less-knowledgeable members trying so hard to offend them. That's just dumb.

But as much as that saddens me, I don't think anyone should be given a refund. John D. has given us exactly what we paid for: an open (public) forum. I think he upheld his end of the deal.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric86Red911
I'm sincerely afraid that those who seek the refunds are our most knowledgeable 993 owners. I hope I'm wrong. But it's especially bothering that newer less-knowledgeable members trying so hard to offend them. That's just dumb.

But as much as that saddens me, I don't think anyone should be given a refund. John D. has given us exactly what we paid for: an open (public) forum. I think he upheld his end of the deal.
Eric,

If you refer to DJ, E.J, Sunday etc., I could bet one year membership that those are not the ones asking for refund.

In any case, I also joined this extra membership "bandwagon".
Old 05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sending John a renewal today for EJ. He has decided to leave because of a post I made to him. Now he wants to actually kill me and has made his threat public. WTF is that all about? I will still cover the cost of his departure because I feel that it was my post that set him off.

I have been given a RASH of **** (go on ban me too) around here since day one. I finally decide to stand up and defend myself to these constant accusations and made a couple of heated posts in my defense. Big freakin deal. Now I get death threats from EJ?

I will pay for his dues but you won't be seeing very much of me anymore.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:07 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought two extra memberships today. I will buy more if need be... John and Jen should not take the financial hit for people that want out because of this ridiculous situation. What really bothers me though as that at least some of the people that have opted out of Rennlist are long time contributing members that have been a terrific asset to this overall community. All the while, some of the most rude and obnoxious members (yes, I am talking about you SMALL), sit on the sidelines and snicker at what they have accomplished. Its a sad state of affairs and I for one hope that a resolution takes place.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't know the membership fees were refundable. Are they 100% refundable at any time or are they being prorated?

By the way, does this mean no more JimBob Jumpback?

Greg H.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

If I owned Rennlist I would not refund a cent. In what way is/was Rennlist responsible? I also suspect thaat most of those who demanded refunds yesterday have reconsidered by now. Sadly some of the biggest contributors have decided to leave. No refunds asked for, they have too much class for that, but they are gone.

Quick Reply: To the 45 Members who want refunds