Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Seljan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Refunds...what a crock!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

A refund for people getting upset about something? Where is that in the Rennlist charter?

That was pretty much the first thought that entered my mind!

It matters little who comes or goes..As people upgrade their cars..they move on also.As far as losing the technical base..these are 10 year old cars now.I can't imagine there is a lot of new news.

This is a good forum.
I don't post a lot,but I read it every day.And honestly..i get a bit tired of reading..DO A SEARCH! The pictures that people post of their cars is a big factor on what keeps me enthused about Rennlist.

A board like this shouldn't even need moderators!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Cy
Racer

Originally Posted by fbfisher
To bail because of one non-technical thread and the interaction that ensued makes no sense to me, nor does the request for a refund.

So to the 45, who ever you are, please re-think your position and withdraw your request.
Fred, I couldn't agree with you more.

Regards,
Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

I have a feeling there is something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about. I have a hard time believing that these people who have put so much into rennlist would just walk away over one thread. Maybe we'll never know. What I do know is how sad I find this whole debacle.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

I haven't seen any posts from Viken and I just responded to Bob Rouleau's post, who I don't recall ever seeing one of his posts on the 993 board. Hmmmm.........
Old 05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Say it isn't so...... . a porsche owner requesting a refund of $17.00 (or whatever it is). Thats embarrassing....Last time I filled up my tank it cost me $35.00. I guess the joke "whats the difference between a porsche and a porcupine" might have some truth in some cases.

Adrienne... loved the soup **** reference
Old 05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tsjoel
Say it isn't so...... . a porsche owner requesting a refund of $17.00 (or whatever it is). Thats embarrassing....
My thoughts exactly ! Refund...you got to be kidding me.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by graham_mitchell
I have a feeling there is something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about.
Graham - I've always considered you to be very astute. I'm sure we'll chat, wine in hand, at Le Mans. See you then.

Originally Posted by Randy M
I haven't seen any posts from Viken ...
I've heard that Viken resigned as the 993 Forum Moderator. It remains to be seen if he'll post here again. I'm sure John will share whatever information (if any) he thinks may be our business.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
I've heard that Viken resigned as the 993 Forum Moderator.
It seems his name has been removed from the bottom of the 993 home page as one of the moderators. Only John D is listed.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
kary993
Drifting

So what exactly happened? I seemed to have missed the excitement.....
Old 05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kkim
It seems his name has been removed from the bottom of the 993 home page as one of the moderators. Only John D is listed.
\

That, my friends, is a very big shame. The relatively new members have no idea the resource they have lost. The man is literally an encyclopedia of information on porsches and the 993 specifically. There is not one single person who knows (or has access to info) half what he does.

My time on the 993 is pretty well spent too. At least on the racing board those that you help say thanks and are appreciative. Let me rephrase that, there are many that are appreciative of the knowledge that Viken and others have shared but the growing numbers are not, nor do they respect rennlist and its charters. If John D. wants to bend the rules for some, that isn't going to work for a guy like Viken. As I said before he is a man of principle and has always applied the rules fairly.
If Viken were vindictive he would be erasing his posts as we speak, but I don't think that will happen. But (and this is for Randy) you are going to hear a lot more of "do a search, viken spelled it out a while back" than you did before.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:51 PM
flatair
Racer

Kary I'm with you, what the heck just happened? Sounds like the usual thin skinned, drama-queen, panty-waist, ooh my pu**y hurts nonsense blown out of proportion to me.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Seljan
Pro

Originally Posted by flatair
Kary I'm with you, what the heck just happened? Sounds like the usual thin skinned, drama-queen, panty-waist, ooh my pu**y hurts nonsense blown out of proportion to me.
The short version..a member of the community posted pictures with the URL to his website.(He is a pro and does make income from his work)
Some of the old guard took offense and it escalated.Words were said,and threats were made.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

Like I said Greg, it's all in the delivery. There is definitely a need to suggest to another that they should do a search to get more info. But when one makes it their cause on the board it gets ridiculous.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:10 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Viken is no longer the moderator of this Board? Does that mean he is gone too? Why to both questions. Are the resignations about the fact that Viken is gone from Rennlist?

None of the 45 have explained how "THE" thread lead to their request for a refund.

None of those who are resigning their membership have explained in explicit detail why they are doing so and what connection it has to "THE" thread - In this or any other thread.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:19 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

No Soup for You? I cannot imagine someone requesting a refund because they did not like a thread. I also cannot imagine JohnD giving any money back to the babies, prorated or not. They guit. I'm taking my ball and going home. Come on grow up.

I will add that I am very sorry to see some of them gone. The knowledge they have and have shared is invaluable and the loss incalculatable. Viken especially. He was always willing and polite. I never heard him diss anyone for a 'stupid' question.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: To the 45 Members who want refunds