slightly O/T: problems with SEARCH on compound terms

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 AM
ard
Burning Brakes

Received 207 Likes on 113 Posts
Default slightly O/T: problems with SEARCH on compound terms

Hi,

sorry for the post to this forum - but I tried the general Help & Feedback forum a couple of days ago but didn't see any replies.

I appear to have severe problems entering search terms consisting of > 1 word.

Each time I try, I wait for what seems like an eternity, only to be redirected to a page that says something like "... the page you are looking for is unavailable ..."

I haven't seen other complaints about this, so I am assuming / guessing this likely is a problem on my side but I'd appreciate suggestions anyway.

To the best of my (limited) knowlegde, I haven't changed my browser settings -- any suggestions on what to check in this regard?

I have tried the following variations of search terms, each with the same results:

good porsche book

"good porsche book"

+good +porsche +book

good AND porsche AND book

Many thanks

/alex

p.s. having said all of the above, if someone wants to post / pm links to relevant threads that would be great as well. I have Wayne's 101 Projects and Bruce Anderson's book. I am looking for books that make interesting reads on the technology and racing history of Porsche. I am on the fence regarding Excellence Was Expected.

p.p.s. in a little bit of a catch-22 I can't seem to search for an article defining what terms the search engine accepts, so if someone has that info (or a link to it) that would be much appreciated as well.

Quick Reply: slightly O/T: problems with SEARCH on compound terms