Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Fill, read again.
umm.....over 200 posts w/ about a million pics? I have been reading since post one. I don't recall any attacks, or out of the ordinary conduct. If your refering to Radar....well, thats Radar. He's been around a long time.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

So... who cares how long he has been around? What does that matter?????????????????? That doesn't give him a license to do sh*t.

There are obviously people who didn't like his attitude as indicated throughout this thread. I think that referring to me as "mnmblows" is name calling and certainly uncalled for. What's your point about 200 posts and a million pics? It would appear that this thread is basically intended for the people who were on our get together and the reason there are so many look see's is because people are enjoying it. We all had fun and enjoyed eachothers company and cars. Pictures are part of the deal and enhance the experience. This is what people want!! No pics? What kind of a post party would that be? Just a bunch of plain old posts with nothing to remember our fabulous day by other than yakin about it? There are others on this board that want to share vicariously through our pictures. If someone doesn't want to share in our experience, then go on to another thread that may interest them. There are plenty of "can't screw in a light bulb, help!" threads to go around, nobody is holding a gun to anyones head. Enjoying pictures of our beloved cars and friends is part of the Porsche experience on our little 993 board. Sorry for the rant but that is my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:06 PM
donsacto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan:

My car (rear) made one of your pics, #237 Please keep posting pics!!!! People can push the friggin back button if they don't like the thread.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:14 PM
ON TIME
Pro

alan, call me on my cell
Old 05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

So... who cares how long he has been around? What does that matter?????????????????? That doesn't give him a license to do sh*t.

There are obviously people who didn't like his attitude as indicated throughout this thread. I think that referring to me as "mnmblows" is name calling and certainly uncalled for. What's your point about 200 posts and a million pics? It would appear that this thread is basically intended for the people who were on our get together and the reason there are so many look see's is because people are enjoying it. We all had fun and enjoyed eachothers company and cars. Pictures are part of the deal and enhance the experience. This is what people want!! No pics? What kind of a post party would that be? Just a bunch of plain old posts with nothing to remember our fabulous day by other than yakin about it? There are others on this board that want to share vicariously through our pictures. If someone doesn't want to share in our experience, then go on to another thread that may interest them. There are plenty of "can't screw in a light bulb, help!" threads to go around, nobody is holding a gun to anyones head. Enjoying pictures of our beloved cars and friends is part of the Porsche experience on our little 993 board. Sorry for the rant but that is my 2 cents.
WHOA Alan,
are you attacking me? I do not appreciate your attitude! The point of 200+ posts is this..........maybe you need some help with it...over 200 posts have been made! Understand now? a million pics have been posted .....let me help you with this also. I don't feel like looking at every friggin pic again,
If you feel your feeling have been hurt, YOU go back and read the entire post.

STFU
Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fill
HUH? Who are you talking about? There are over 200 posts in this thread, and I don't recall anyone attacking, or calling people names, until your post.
Phil, I think he was referring to Radar attacking on Alan.

BTW, I was hoping you'll be at the meet since you're already half way there.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by RT7
Phil, I think he was referring to Radar attacking on Alan.

BTW, I was hoping you'll be at the meet since you're already half way there.
Ron,
I had to work, otherwise I would have been.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I really have enjoyed this thread except for the sad news for Tony and Pong, a sobering reminder that all cars have their limits and I'm glad you guys are OK.

I lived in CA for for 28 years and the pictures really take me back - thank you for posting them.

I would definitely attend if something was organized here in the Midwest.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Phil,
I read your post again. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying, I get it now. At first read, it read like you were defending him, which for the life of me I could not understand. I have a sneaking suspicision that you enjoyed the images too and was perplexed at your complaining about a million pictures. No offense... and I really wasn't attacking you anyway, hope we are cool. The episode starts on page 5 or 6 as I recall.

Feelings hurt by the likes of him, not likely Phil.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Oh, maybe a million pics are too much.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Blaine S

I really have enjoyed this thread except for the sad news for Tony and Pong, a sobering reminder that all cars have their limits and I'm glad you guys are OK.
Thanks Blaine. I must say that my car had plenty left on her limit... just the driver (me) needs to expand the driving limits.

I truly have enjoyed my time here on this board and all the people that I have met. My car is one hurting unit in my garage as we speak and still working with insurance to determine the extent of the damages. So emotionally I am drianed from the accident, dealing with insurance stuff, my daily work, yada yada.

My point is this... life is too damn short for pitty arguments. I truly appreciates all the pics that have been posted in this thread and for others who do not enjoy them then you don't have to look at them.

You guys are all great people... that's proven.

Just my .02
Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Tony, it's all sinking in now isn't it? I can read it in your words, you are mentally exhausted. You need to get a massage and take it easy, rest that brain a little.
Did you get my email with those pics?
I have the number of the body shop.
He really is an artist at what he does.

Here is text from my buddy Paul who sent me the info. If he says they are the best, you can take that to the bank. I have seen his shop, Ferrari F-50 and and Enzo was in. I think he does marine damage for Masarati. The shop is spic and span and state of the art. It is amazing.

"Got your email but had to run out. Came from Arroyo Body shop just this morning. They are extremely busy, but that's because they are the best. Have your guy call Raphael or Mirabele @818-765-7430."

How's Jodi feeling today???
Old 05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Tony. I'm glad you are OK. I know this is painful. If you care to share exactly what happened as a learning experience for the rest of us, please do. If not we all understand.
Best wishes.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Originally Posted by ON TIME
alan, call me on my cell
I called this AM and it said your mailbox was full.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaine S
..., a sobering reminder that all cars have their limits
Surely you are not suggesting the "offs" were the fault of the cars. It's a reflection on Tony's character that he has accepted fault & isn't blaming his car. As I understand them, each resulted from a driver exceeding his limits, not the car's. In fact, neither would have been even close to the limits of either of the 2 cars in question.

Either incident could have been much worse & it's very fortunate neither one was. Perhaps the allure of "[A]pproaching a 90 degree left hander in the middle nowhere, at over triple digits"* ought to be re-examined before someone else runs out of talent on the next "Rumble." Does this disturb anyone else?

Back to the open road. Approaching a 90 degree left hander in the middle nowhere, at over triple digits.

Quick Reply: A sad start to the rumble