Sponsored by:

Rennline ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can these be removed without significant damage to the stock pedals? Are they place over the stock pedals, or attached to them? I will also chekc the Rennline website for info.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
rainmn
Instructor

Originally Posted by stedge
Can these be removed without significant damage to the stock pedals? Are they place over the stock pedals, or attached to them? I will also chekc the Rennline website for info.
For the brake & clutch, you remove the rubber pads and the Rennlines bolt to the stock pedals. You have to drill, but if you went back to stock, the rubber pads would cover the holes.
For the gas pedal, the Rennline just screws into the factory plastic pedal. If removed, it would leave a couple small holes that woudn't be very noticable.
The dead pedal screws into the car sheet metal through the carpet in a couple places. Again, holes would probably not be very noticable if removed.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:32 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

If it screws into the plastic pedal (gas) is it stable for long periods? If you are heel-toeing, could it pop off if it is not fixed to metal?

Thanks for your reply, Ray.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:43 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

stedge. I don't think they would come off. Mine are very solid and I don't think the heel toe varitey would put significant torque on the screws. If you ever became concerned you could alway use a nut and bolt mounting system. Mabie they come with that style though I doubt it.

Scott 1996 993c2. I know. The filthy rag.

Quick Reply: Rennline ?