Sponsored by:

Low speed "rubbing?"

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
f_scaife
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Low speed "rubbing?"

I am a new owner of a '97 C2 cab. I notice when I am in first going between 0-10 miles an hour, giving it very little gas, I feel throught the pedals what could best be described as a metallic rubbing or grinding feel. Its the sort of sensation you feel when the your brake pads are shot, a metal on metal feel. Don't know what it is. HELP please
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Metal on metal is never a good thing. Is it when you are braking?, is you emergency brake off? and releasing?, you feel this through what pedal?, why are you driving so slow?

Anyhow, CONGRATS and welcome....at least you could show us a picture of you new 993....
Old 04-25-2005, 11:11 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist. Congrats on the car. You will need to at least answer Marc's questions to get any usable help. If the noise is when you are braking it is probably worn pads.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:47 PM
f_scaife
Instructor

You disengage the e-brake when you pull up on it right?

I have waited to bring this up because it is hard to describe, it is not something you can hear so much as "feel" through the car. I did'nt want to use the word "grinding" because it's a little harsh. To be honest I did'nt really notice it until my brother-in-law drove it and said "whats rubbing?" Of course now I notice it all the time. I am near Fresno would love to have someone in the know drive it and tell me it is normal.

Pictures on the way. I have been looming here for a very long time.

Last edited by f_scaife; 04-25-2005 at 11:49 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Low speed "rubbing?"