Help with Brey Krause HarnessTruss

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help with Brey Krause HarnessTruss

Once again I ordered from a reputable source after explaining to them I wanted a simple bolt in solution!!!!!!!! Now I do not know if I am missing parts
etc................. Please post pictures of this set up so I can determine what my problem is? I was sold some truss bar attachments and they tell me I have to drill them out?????????????????????????????
THANKS!!!!!!
Steve
Old 04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like they're full of it. MIne was a bolt-in at the shoulder belt mount point in the B-pillar. There were two supports that went under the seat belt mount point that each had an "ear" that stuck out which the harness bar lay on. In each and in the bar are two holes which take special supplied nuts and bolts. When I take the harness truss in and out it bolts /unbolts from these permanently mounted seat belt mount supports.

Sorry, I'm not going thru the trouble of mounting the bar just to get a picture for you.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:24 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve
Have you checked the installation instructions from the B-K website?

B-K Harness Truss Installation

Installation: Bar attaches to factory mounting points in "B" pillars.
Miscellaneous: Harness Truss is designed to allow enough seat travel for tall drivers. The stainless steel mounting brackets can be left installed in the "B" pillars to easily remove and remount the bar in minutes.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, this is a bolt in solution, though I have seen some issue where the mounts needed to be drilled out a bit because the B-Pillars were not in the exact spot. Either way it should be bolt in with drin\lling into the car, just some fine tuning of the brackets that the truss mounts into.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi, The truss is in just fine. I see in the directions there are spacers to hold the harness bolt in mounting plate (not included=///???). I did not get the spacers and the hole in the mounting plate that was supplied by OG racing is WAY too small. If I ream/ expand the hole on center the bolt will be very close to the edge which gets me concerned about the strength. Also, I am tall and need my seat way back. The edges on the truss are very sharp and are leaving little room for those sliding pieces on the harness and are chafing my seats! WTF!!!
Steve
Old 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Livefreeandrive
Hi, The truss is in just fine. I see in the directions there are spacers to hold the harness bolt in mounting plate (not included=///???). I did not get the spacers and the hole in the mounting plate that was supplied by OG racing is WAY too small. If I ream/ expand the hole on center the bolt will be very close to the edge which gets me concerned about the strength. Also, I am tall and need my seat way back. The edges on the truss are very sharp and are leaving little room for those sliding pieces on the harness and are chafing my seats! WTF!!!
Steve
I guess I do not understand the issue. You should have some nice spacers that go inbetween the top and bottom portion of the truss to lock the metal bracket for looping the belt through. As for the distance between the truss and the seat, this is an issue but is the way the truss was designed in terms of angle and space. I do not thnk there is much that can be done about that.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you are tall do not buy one of these. I exchanged it for the regular harness bar. By the time I got it all rigged up with spacers, mounting plates, sliders, my seat needed to go forward 8 inches. The trus also had many sharp edges to it. Too bad, it looked pretty cool but there was just not enough room. When I get the harness bar I guess the harness attach points are the rear lap belt mounts?
Steve

Quick Reply: Help with Brey Krause HarnessTruss