Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Finally got the curb rash fixed on 18" twist rear wheels - worth every penny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Brian - Wheels Worx did an amazing job w/your wheels, for a "down home, countrified price" too! Down here in the big city things unfortunately cost more. For Wheel Worx, do you have to bring them the wheels yourself keeping your car on blocks? Or can you just leave your car with them and rent a car to take you back home? It would be totally inconvenient for me to take my own wheels off and bring them up to them. It's worth the extra for someone else to do this!

Hey Rick - glad you're as happy with Euro Pros as I have been. Are you coming to our "Meet and Drive" on May 22?

Cabrio 993 - Ugghhhh... I will never be able to clean the inside of my rims any more than they are as the dirt is permanently imbedded into the metal it seems!

Cheers,
Steve
Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Uh... yeah... they are definitely your countrified type of shop. Very low key kind of business folks. No fancy bells and whistles or anything like that. But the little Dachsund did greet me at the door when I came in. I don't think they would be the place to take wheels off the car for you unless you want your car sitting on blocks in the business park parking lot. There were a couple guys out there throwing a football around but I'm sure they'd be extra careful if you asked. ) I may be wrong about them though as I didn't really see much of their facility in the back. He also said that they have a very high end tire mounting machine and they only have people working there who know really know how to do tires. No NTB, paid by the hour, high school kids (not that there is anything wrong with that) trying to figure out how to work the machines with your expensive wheels. I believe they mostly serve business customers... probably NTB shops getting wheels fixed from their idiots who tore up wheel lips trying to pry rubber on and off with a crow bar. I'll definitely be taking my new wheels there to get rubber mounted when the time comes.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Brian for that info. So, I'm guessing YOU took your wheels off your car yourself, kept the car on blocks in your own garage and brought the wheels to them in a large vehicle? Is that how it went down? Or not? How long did it take to get them back?

Steve R
Old 04-21-2005, 04:27 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

It was actually easier for me. The twists were on their way to Ebay because I have Supercups on the car, a set of 17" winter wheels/tires in the garage, a wife saying that 4 out of the 12 Porsche wheels had to go, and a constant reminder from previously mentioned wife of me saying that the Supercups would be partially funded by the sale of the twists. (It made perfect sense at the time. ) I was able to truck them over in the wife's Toureg and it took the shop about 3 or 4 business days to complete the job. I even told them to make it their lowest priority as I was headed to the hospital for a few days for again previously mentioned wife to give birth to our daughter and they still did it in no time.

Odd part is that I found them while getting in my car at the local liquor store and a guy rode up on his bike of all things and started chatting away about my car and wheels. Just as I was starting to get tired of this apparently meaningless conversation, he said he was from wheel worx and could do wonders with them if I ever wanted them refinished. Glad I wasn't rude to that guy.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Great story and congrats on your family addition!

Your new wheels blow away the stock 18" twists

Steve

Quick Reply: Finally got the curb rash fixed on 18" twist rear wheels - worth every penny!!!