Sponsored by:

help, need accident info

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:15 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Basically the whole front-end was replaced including the right side of the chassis/frame where the suspension cross-member is mounted to. I'll post some pictures/diagrams later today. The accident may have felt minor but I'm not so sure it was if they replaced part of the frame (964-501-016-02).
Old 04-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Front fender? Bumper cover? Spare tire well? Repaint? All for $1500???

Something is weird; personally feel that if a shop charged that for that work I would be VERY suspicious of their work. As mentioned, bring the car into a shop you trust to have a look-see.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Calvo
Front fender? Bumper cover? Spare tire well? Repaint? All for $1500???

Something is weird; personally feel that if a shop charged that for that work I would be VERY suspicious of their work. As mentioned, bring the car into a shop you trust to have a look-see.
ahh the voice of reason.

If in fact this work was done a Porsche dealership its just not possible to have 1500.00 in labor. Jason spoke off 42hrs of labor, that is 35.00 per hour!! Please tell me a Porsche dealership that charges 35.00 per hour!! hell tell me any new car dealer that the labor rate is 35.00 per hour!!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most body shops list labor hours in separate categories, and even a different hourly rate - sometimes split into Paint Labor, Frame Labor (i.e. on the fixture and at a higher rate), and even general labor (disassembly / reassembly). maybe the $1500 is just one part ...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:03 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Here are diagrams for the part numbers you gave, I can also scan in some photos of the high-strength steel pieces but after seeing this list I don't know how interested you'll be in a "mild-collision" with basically the whole front-end replaced.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That's a quarter of a car! I would not consider that minor. Also why does it have a left wing replaced and right inner wing or is that just an example picture for one of the parts? With all this bodywork where are the wheels and or suspension parts? It's your money but there must be other deals out there? Alternatively, if you can prove to your satisfaction that the work is to a very high standard then you should be able to get the car cheaper? It's up to you. What would make me uneasy with this is that they have described the accident damage as minor when it clearly was not if it required a new chassis rail?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

David
Old 04-19-2005, 10:33 AM
cabfan1968
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

so assuming the work was top notch, it was done at stoddard porsche, apparently the are renowned for their work, and the car is the right color with under 20k miles and passed a PPI at another porsche dealer( they didn't notice the repair!) than what is it worth????? oh yah it's a '97 C2S...

Quick Reply: help, need accident info