Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manhattan Motor Cars ok for A502 recall work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:49 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Manhattan Motor Cars ok for A502 recall work?

Did a search...inconclusive.

Has anyone used the service shop at Manhattan Motor Cars, especially for the A502 Cab top recall? I know there are some great independents around the city, but I live a couple of blocks from MMC and it would be so much easier than driving outside the city, waiting, and driving back in.

However, don't want a chop shop to touch the baby.

Any feedback?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Have never used them, but they do sell some high-end cars. I believe they have "city" rates and it's something like $95/hr.+. Can independent shops to manufacturer recalls? I always thought that only dealers can do that. What do I know.

If you want to take a nice ride out into the Island, there are tons of reputable shops out there.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

I think labor rate is $135./hr. I've had bad luck with them. Removed steering wheel in 993 Turbo S to repair computer and dropped some tool on the wheel, leaving a divot. Virtually impossible to repair, and probably unable to match (boxter red). Also the elevator to the shop and the tight quarters inevitably lead to difficulty with moving carrs around. I would never take my car there again - too many other good dealers in the area.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
I think labor rate is $135./hr. I've had bad luck with them. Removed steering wheel in 993 Turbo S to repair computer and dropped some tool on the wheel, leaving a divot. Virtually impossible to repair, and probably unable to match (boxter red). Also the elevator to the shop and the tight quarters inevitably lead to difficulty with moving carrs around. I would never take my car there again - too many other good dealers in the area.
Ouch...I heard it was in the $130 range...but I didn't want to misquote. I guess they have to work with the scarce NYC space.

I believe they are the one of the few high-end sports car dealer in the metro area...so not too many alternatives there, however they did just open a new Ferrari dealership on Park.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:07 AM
tororoll
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the work done at MMC last week. After waiting a couple of weeks for the parts, they got the job done in a day. The job is free, so don't sweat the hourly rate. Make sure they have the parts, because I understand they are on back order.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:59 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not sweating hourly rate as much as just quality work. Any other thoughts on MMC?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just say no. if you have to goto a dealer use Fairfield porsche or Naunet porsche.
MMC is just too busy (only exotics dealer in nyc) to spend the time to get anything right - they just dont care and have enough people throwing money at them for work, that i would not feel comfortable.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thx everyone...looks like no go on MMC...any nearby suggestions?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

New Century in Greenwich, or Pepe in White Plains also do fine work. Most of the times it is not the dealership, but the tech in uniform doing the work.

Quick Reply: Manhattan Motor Cars ok for A502 recall work?