Sponsored by:

Kinesis Supercup 2R Wheels - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pricing ...

The deal I got was $3288 (about 25% off of the list price) which is wholesale.

The guy I got that pricing from will still match that pre-production price for the time being until they hit the street (supposedly in about 1 month).

Kary with group9motorsports.com (kary@group9motorsports.com) was interested in doing a deal also. Since he is a sponsor contact him first to see what kind of deal you can get. If that doesn't work out for you PM me and I will send you the info for the other vendor.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Freier
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

What I love about wheels is there are so many different options! I actually like this new design. Did the Group Buy already take place? Thanks for posting the photos Harvey.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:20 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like these wheels...I think 5 spokes look just right on 993s.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:52 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I was going to post a picture of my "old" Supercups but I was scrolling through the responses and got to Cy's pictures and hey, wait a minute, that's a picture of my wheel. Nice to know someone liked it enough to save it.

I love the "old" Supercups and I spent a lot less than $4,300
Old 04-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Cy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pedro,

Yep, great pics! Really like what you've done to your car. I picked up some used Supercups a couple of weeks ago (much less $ than new, too!). I do really like the new Supercup and $3,300 from the group buy is a great price, but I think I'll just refurb my used Supercups and stick with those.

Anyway, I think I saved the pics for both the Supercups and the painted calipers at the time. Thanks again for the pics . . . so, how do you like these ones?

Regards,
Old 04-07-2005, 02:12 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Cy-

Even though the second one is a better shot, I like the first one because it shows the car with the PSS9's Wait till I show the one with Gert's Euro Turbo bumper (part of the body work being done after the fender bender) which I just found out got shipped today
Old 04-07-2005, 02:47 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Viken--the OEM Speedline RS wheels have 18" spokes? whereas the Kinesis has 17" spokes? Both on 18" wheels??

thanks
mike
Old 04-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kinesis Supercup 2R Specs. This is what I have been told:

The weight of the wheels will be 21 lbs give or take depending on widths.

21lbs for the 18x8, so 18x10 probably 22.5. These are LIGHTER than the previous models which were 24-26.

Also these are pressure spun castings so they are lighter and stronger than the previous version of casting center. Outer/inner lips are forged.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:07 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIK911
Viken--the OEM Speedline RS wheels have 18" spokes? whereas the Kinesis has 17" spokes? Both on 18" wheels??

thanks
mike
MIke - Maybe the diagram below will illustrate better (this is a Gemballa Competition wheel which is a "reverse" style rim ).

Notice that the two rim halves are asymetrical - this is to that a tire can be mounted on the rim...if they were identical you would not be able to fit the tire bead over the edges of the rim. If you place the rim center on the "ledge" on one side of the rim, the center would be a smaller diameter (ie a 17" center on an 18" rim). Whereas for a "reverse" lip rim where the center is placed on the wider part of the rim half the diameter would be larger (18" rim center). In the old days, the wheel center was alway mounted on the "small side" rather than the wider "reverse side"

Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Cy
Racer

[QUOTE=MIK911]The OEM Speedline RS wheels have 18" spokes? whereas the Kinesis has 17" spokes? Both on 18" wheels??

Mike,

Following is rough differences in dimensions of Speedline versus old Supercup.

A = Measurement is 18" for both Speedline and Supercup
B = Center (spoke) of old Supercup are approximately 1/2" less in radius than Speedline.
C = Outer aluminum rim of old Supercup approximately 1/2" larger than the Speedline. (FYI, this extra ~ 1/2" falls between the measure C arrowheads . . . this is why some people seem to point at the old Supercup is being an poor copy of the Speedline. Personally, I think that is a little overemphasized . . . as I mentioned above, I think the old Supercup is a good copy and a better imitation of the Speedline than the new Supercup.)

So, measures B and C add to 18" (measure A) on both wheels . . . it's just that there's a little less center and a little more rim on the old Supercup. Kinesis used to sell a 17" version of the Supercup and I've seen it speculated that using the same center for the 17" and the 18" wheel is why the dimensions of the 18" Supercup don't match the Speedline. Anyway, who really knows.

Further, the approximately 1/2" larger outer aluminum rim on the 18" Supercup contributed to there not being enough radial clearance to mount big reds in the old Supercup.

Regards,
Old 04-07-2005, 05:02 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Ammo collector
If you swap I may by your old ones from you...what size and condition are they

David
Old 04-07-2005, 09:51 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Harvey,

Thanks for the side by side comparison with the RS Carrera profile. I think I like the new look. I'm definitely not sold on the the R-lip look, it's too much Bling for me. If they come out w/o an R-lip version then I might consider changing wheels....maybe

Quick Reply: Kinesis Supercup 2R Wheels - Pics