Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT how do you get a auto brokers license?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys have gone way off topic on this off topic. I dont want to go to car auctions and open up a warehouse. I would like to legally go represent a buyer and take that burden away from him and be rewarded for it. I do this now for free and I had a thought. Boy we got bunch of fellows who got up on the wrong side of the bed. IMO most if not all of the people here are smarter than most if not every Chevy salesman I have ever met. I dont think you would have to spend 30 years in this business to outpoint some of the yahoos in this business in the IQ dept.
Please re read the above posts and tell me where anyone said they want to make a small fortune.
Somebody took the ball and ran completely the wrong way on this post!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
You guys have gone way off topic on this off topic. I dont want to go to car auctions and open up a warehouse. I would like to legally go represent a buyer and take that burden away from him and be rewarded for it. I do this now for free and I had a thought. Boy we got bunch of fellows who got up on the wrong side of the bed. IMO most if not all of the people here are smarter than most if not every Chevy salesman I have ever met. I dont think you would have to spend 30 years in this business to outpoint some of the yahoos in this business in the IQ dept.
Please re read the above posts and tell me where anyone said they want to make a small fortune.
Somebody took the ball and ran completely the wrong way on this post!
OIC....then just explain to your friends that you will go with them to the dealership, and get them a better deal than they could, and in return they give a few hundred. Then you don't have to bother with the CA DMV
Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Good Idea. the DMV is not someone who i would like to be affiliated with anyway.
I was interested to see if there were any other benifits to being legal. Guess not. Just like anything else
if there is a way to make a dollar someone will step in and make sure its not you.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Paul, I gather what you are looking to do is be a buyers agent. You can go one-step further with this. You can offer spousal councelling and rationalization services. Basically to help the buyers wife realize how important it is to keep the husband happy. This service could be worth waaaay more than the actual buying process
Old 04-06-2005, 01:01 AM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Dear Rennlisters;

I have been a licensed Car Dealer/Wholesaler in Calgary Canada for over 15 years, Every Province in Canada has its own rules and regulations, and every Municipality compliments those regulations with more strict bylaws.

I suspect that down in Uncle Sam's Land may very well be the same or easier.
Here fo me to take my son or wife to the Dealers Auction takes literally an act of Parliment (Congress down there).
Some of the States may have less strict laws, once you are reconized in one state you can buy anywhere even up here in Canuckistan.
The large Dealers have put a lot of pressure on the regulating bodies not to allow the small time guys without a lot to operate.
Legally I cant sell a car to the general public unless its a personnal vehicle
People that are defined as wholesalers can only buy and sell at auto auctions, that definition may not be available within your jurisdiction.
In most cases you will need new paper work every year, signed by an attorney, thats the case here in Alberta .
A course on how to do car sales may be mandatory, thats the case here in Alberta.
My advice is for all parties interested is to contact Manheim Auto Auctions or Adesa and they will set in the right direction.
If any one want to know the detailed intricacies of the industry and dos and donts feel free to Email or PM me, there is obvioouslly things that I can not disclose unless your are willing to pay the ultimate price.
The industry is getting more respect, but it has a long way to go....after all its the least respected profession or close to it.
NO FLAMES ...PLEASE !!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:07 AM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, want to help me find a good S2000?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:10 AM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark;

YOU ONLY PAID 56K FOR OLDGUYS CAR.................MAN YOU STOLE IT !!!!

I see a linching coming....lets get a rope.
How can you sleep at night??

Just kidding...Good luck with it.

FF
Old 04-06-2005, 01:19 AM
993mike
Advanced

Hey Guys,
My apologies in advance for going a little off topic here, but since you're talking about buying and selling cars, I need to find a reliable but inexpensive daily driver for my 19 year old who who was rear ended by an unlicensed driver who had no insurance. Trying to keep under a $6k budget he has. Help...he's eyeing my garage queen.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:11 AM
solsrch
Pro

Originally Posted by STAR57
Mark;

YOU ONLY PAID 56K FOR OLDGUYS CAR.................MAN YOU STOLE IT !!!!

FF
That was the most stunning part of this entire thread for me too!! I figured there had to be some other exchange or whatever otherwise . . .
Old 04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

I seem to recall that turbo having paintwork/previous damage issues that may have caused a lower than usual price (though I could be wrong).

Originally Posted by solsrch
That was the most stunning part of this entire thread for me too!! I figured there had to be some other exchange or whatever otherwise . . .
Old 04-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

im sure mark was joking ..
i remember OG car was very nice and the big issue was that he needed the clutch replaced and the seller/dealer was not as supportive as he should have been.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:58 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc in AK
Oh...plus the 56K you charged me....
Marc
IIRC, Marc posted 62k before he edited the post. I don't recall OG's car having any paintwork or other "issues."
Old 04-06-2005, 11:24 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey!! there were no issues with my (Marc's) Turbo. and the price keeps dropping from reality everytime
Marc edits it!!
I was aksing $75K and marc and I negotiated from that price to the selling price. His to disclose!!
This may be the worst thread I have ever started

Last edited by OldGuy; 04-06-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Hey!! there were no issues with my (Marc's) Turbo. and the price keeps dropping from reality everytime
Marc edits it!!
I was aksing $75K and marc and I negotiated from that price to the selling price. His to disclose!!
This may be the worst thread I have ever started
How so?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Just jokin around.........paid more than 56...less than 75.

I dunno Paul..I thought your underwear thread on the CGT forum was the worst......

Quick Reply: OT how do you get a auto brokers license?