Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Suspension help in DFW... (Cross-post)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Moose
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Suspension help in DFW... (Cross-post)

cross-post with the 993TT forum...

Hi all. I have been pushing off replacing my suspension for a long time now and with 60k on the clock of my 97TT, I'm not sure I can push it off much longer. I have been following the suspension posts and am really not convinced either way between PSS9, M030 (Gert), RUF, etc. I think the deciding factor will have to be based on experiencing the ride.

Is there anyone in the DFW area that wouldn't mind giving me a ride in their set-up? I would love to find someone with the RUF suspension so that I can compare to the normal PSS9.

The car is a daily driver but I do some aggressive backroad tours from time to time. I have yet to track the car but may do a DE or two in the future.

Let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the Pss9's on my TT-- More than enough for street and ocasional track.
I loved the way it felt on the track with TRG sways which I highly recommend
doing at the same time. and the ride on the street at 3 front 4 rear is very complient.
Mark in AK has the car now along side his cab with HD's and can give you a side by
side comparison.
if you were gonna do more track you could go more aggressive but that did
not sound like thats where you were headed.
I think any agressive set up will put pressure on your stock droplinks so I would
do the TRG asjutable sways with drop links at the same time-- DEVEK usually runs specials on all that. not affiliated just a real happy customer.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have JIC Cross & RS Sways which is more aggressive than any of the options you mentioned but still streetable.

You are welcome to drive it but it will probably be too rough.

I didn't really like the PSS9 around here because on uneven surfaces (welcome to N. Texas roads) it tends to porpoise unless you set the shocks close to full stiff - at which point the ride is balance but not exactly smooth and comfortable. I have driven a fellow rennlisters car (MrSullivan) with the MO30 setup on it and I think it is the best solution for around here if you are not tracking the car a lot.

Ben
Old 04-01-2005, 11:01 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have ROW M030 w/ Bilstein HDs and the Hergesmeirs lowering collars on the front. You are welcome to drive my car to see if you like the suspension setup... I will expect a ride in you 993tt in return of course

If I could do it all over, I would probably still do the same setup, but bite the (painful) bullet of the Euro exchange and go with Gert's that already have the extra threads (no need for lowering collars)

I have heard great things about the RUF suspension, but have no personal experience...other than with the guys at RUF, who are great, knowledgeable, down-to-earth technicians.

Let me know - jbtrichel@aol.com

Quick Reply: Suspension help in DFW... (Cross-post)