Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells CERAMIC PADS for 993 Turbos????

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
BD997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who sells CERAMIC PADS for 993 Turbos????

Hey guys...anyone know where I can get Ceramic pads for a 1997 993 Turbo? Any particular brand? I want to eliminate sqeaky noise at low speed stops and less brake dust.... Thanks!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 352 Posts

Run stock pads on the street and track events that require fairly mild braking. Where consistent, lap after lap, heavy braking is required such as California Speedway and in my opinion Laguna Seca, put on a set of Pagid Black for the front, Pagid Orange for the rear...or Pagid Orange all the way around. Expect to pay $400 a set or thereabouts for a complete set. They are available from our sponsors, Viper Bob at DEVEK, Paragon Products, Group 9 Motorsports.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi:

Ceramic pads are the Pagid RS-19 race pads and IMHO, not the ticket for street driving.

As Martin said, factory Porsche OEM pads work the best for street use and have the lowest dust issues. Any high performance or race pads will make more noise and a bit more dust.

If you are experiencing some squeaking, make certain that you have the factory anti-vibration shims on your pads, clean the brake buildup from the holes in the rotors, and have a qualified pro look at the rotor surfaces to determine if they are excessively scored or worn. Putting a 45 deg chamfer at the leading edges of the pads also helps prevent noise.

Dust is a byproduct of braking friction; no dust, no grip.

Martin:

I too, carry these pads,..............(you always forget about me)
Old 03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 352 Posts
Default So sorry Steve......

Yes folks, Steve is a Pagid distributor. And for all the help he has been to lots of on the Board, ait would be a good thing to throw some business his way!

Quick Reply: Who sells CERAMIC PADS for 993 Turbos????