Sponsored by:

Right Side Turn Signal stays ON while Ignition is OFF

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
markC4S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Right Side Turn Signal stays ON while Ignition is OFF

Right Side Turn Signal stays ON while Ignition is OFF. I found this indicates as a warning for a bad light bulb. (Don't know if I am correct). After checking all the lights and found only 1 LED on the 3rd breaklight is out. Will this 1 LED trigger the warning? If so, how do I proceed changing the LED?

96 C4S/Polar Silver/Blk
Old 03-30-2005, 08:33 PM
John95cab
Instructor

The right (or left) signal will stay on if you leave the turn signal lever in that direction and turn the ignition off.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

Look closely at your turn signal stalk. If it is cocked to indicate a right turn, the bulb will stay on (but not blink) even when the ignition is on.

European Rennlisters please confirm this, but I understand this is a feature available in many European-spec cars to be utilized when you creatively park on crowded city streets or poorly lit roads and your car might be sticking out a bit onto the road thus increasing its visibility. I've actually used it a couple of times.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 PM
markC4S
Intermediate

thanks for the reply, John.
at first, i figured the same, but the turn signal light stays on even i restart the engine and drove for miles. it happened last year and later find a corner side bulb had gone bad, after replacing it the light becomes normal. So i thought it indicates as a warning.

I plug-out the right turn fuses now...... so it won't drain out the battery. HELP!

MarkC4S

Quick Reply: Right Side Turn Signal stays ON while Ignition is OFF