Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wich Dealer in the LA Area has the best service dept?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:47 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rusnak... thousand oaks, mike over there rocks.
out of habit & convenience i hit rusnak pasadena, mike (service writer is cool) they've always done good work for me (warranty :'986' & non :'993'). after a scary experience w/ an indi, i'm back @ the dealer for a while...

bol
Old 03-30-2005, 12:46 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Viken
Dealer: Rusnak Porsche in Thousand Oaks
Service Advisor: Rick Corbin (805) 496-8400
Technician: Mike Schatz
Viken beat me to it. Hands down, the best IMHO.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:00 PM
WJV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stay away from beverly hills from what i've heard.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:28 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Dealer: Rusnak Porsche in Thousand Oaks
Service Advisor: Rick Corbin (805) 496-8400
Technician: Mike Schatz
Ditto.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Unhappy Warranty Fraud at a Newport Auto

Above we read, ""Newport Beach is in trouble with Porsche right now and is about to get hit with a huge audit for warranty fraud and generally ripping people off."

If you are right on this...that is a shame because I know some really good people that work there, and they have always been straight forward and honest with me.

Cookie Ackley has been my Service Consultant at Newport Auto. Nice person who seems to really care that the job gets done right. Kevin K. is the Master Technician that I request for service. If I can't get Kevin, I will not go there.

Kevin and I have some history; he worked on my car at Andial, did the RS LWF and clutch, installed the M030 RoW suspension and rebuilt my LSD. He is a one time shop foreman (about 3 years ago) from Andial in Santa Ana..,..that is an amazing feat considering he is not a German, and he is in his 30's (I believe). He can do it all...from electrical to electronic, to engine and tranny rebuilds to wiring in a super stereo system.

Regardless of what AdamF writes, I believe service from Kevin and Cookie at Newport Auto is as good as it gets. It would be nice if Adam F retracted his inflammatory statement about Newport Auto. I think it is really tacky to post such drivel until such time as the facts are public information.

And the Rice Bowl analogy may be relevant here, "Don't break another person's Rice Bowl." Let's say that AdamF's post drives away a customer or two, and they tell two more who tell two more, and so on. Now we have fewer people getting their cars's seviced at Newport Auto, and some people there may lose their jobs, etc... all based on a rumor. You have managed to shatter a person's Rice Bowl...bad karma will be coming your way

Last edited by Martin S.; 03-30-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
markC4S
Intermediate

HORRIBLE experience at the McKenna.

FYI,
Service guys at the dealership gets commision of whatever you done there.

MarkC4S
Old 03-31-2005, 02:09 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

I look for the technician, rather than the dealership. As Martin said, Kevin Kelley and Cookie Ackley at Newport are top notch. Mike Schatz at Rusnick in Westlake is also first rate.

Porsche recognizes dealer service problems through their focus groups. Don't be surprised to see some independants blessed with dealer status for servicing Porsche much like in europe.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:55 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I have used Porsche of Downtown L.A. for more than 10 years. Looks like hell right now because they have moved service around twice while they are building a new state of the art sales showroom and service facility (supposed to open in about 6 months), but don't be put off by this. Dennis, their top mechanic, is regarded as one of the finest Master Tech's in the country and is a great guy. Prices are fair - like any dealer, labor is not as cheap as independents, but I have never felt like I got ripped off there.

Quick Reply: Wich Dealer in the LA Area has the best service dept?