993 Forum 1995-1998

Techron before oil change question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Don C
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Techron before oil change question

I just filled-up my second tank of gas/Techron before an oil change (I saw a number of posts to do two cycles of treatment). However, I have decided to take the p-car on a tour of wildflowers in Death Valley next weekend. Before leaving I wont put on enough miles to drain the tank and have the oil change.

This will be about a 500 mile trip of great hard driving in the desert.
Should I:
- go ahead with the oil change now (before the trip) since I've aready run one cycle of Techron
- wait until I get back and repeat the Techron treatment
- wait until I get back and get the oil changed without an additional Techron treatment.

Anyone for a scenic wildflower trip? Best show in 100 years. We're going to spend next Fri in Ridgecrest, then Sat tour Death Valley and return. I'll need to look-up OG.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you will need another dose of the Techron since you have already done two cycles. I think you should do the oil change after your trip, that way the 500 mile of hard driving + the Techron should burn off most of the deposit, which will be drained with the oil change. Then, you will start off with clean oil an filters for the remainder of the season.

That is just my logic, whatever that counts for. I'm sure there are people here much more qualified to answer your question.

Have fun!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Don C
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carlos - sorry, I just now saw your post. I ended up just going to Joshua Tree which is pretty local to me. Great run and lots of flowers.

Quick Reply: Techron before oil change question