993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Press Release

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:17 PM
rickw51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Press Release

The April issue of Anzeiger, the Oregon PCA magazine showed up in my mail yesterday. The article posted by the president shared the press release from Porsche ....

"Porsche announces that the long-awaited fourth model series will be a high-performance mini-van called the 'Familia'. Because of a lack of production capability, this new model will delay the introduction of the C4 and Turbo versions of the 997 until 2008."

There's a lot of other stuff in the announcement, but the marketing is tageting:
"the Porsche driver, who according to statistics usually owns a low performance mini-van, a station wagon or a sports utility vehicle besides his sports car, and the Porsche enthusiast, who, due to present circumstances (married with children), had to go without the pleasure of driving a Porsche. For both groups the aim is to raise early curiosity about the new Porsche, to find those who are seriously interested and keep them informed."

Two reactions from my house ... me - hopefully Porsche is not in a long term strategy of abandoning their roots ... the manufacture of the worlds finest sports car, and, my wife - "we got rid of the van four years ago ... when are we going to get rid of the Passat and get me my own Porsche?"
Old 03-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

errrrr.....check the date of that press release..... 1 APRIL perhaps?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:41 PM
rickw51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no date on the press release, but the writer notes that Porsche now is issuing press releases to their world-wide clubs before issuing them to the public. So, your conclusion that the release will be dated April 1 is probably valid.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

april 1 = april fools

Quick Reply: Porsche Press Release