993 Forum 1995-1998

Alignment shop in Eastern NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:09 PM
joolsbourne
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Alignment shop in Eastern NC

Can anyone recommend a good place to have my alignment set? I live in New Bern, in Eastern North Carolina.
I'm waiting for Gert to send my new HDs and M030's (only ordered yesterday but anticipation is growing rapidly!) .
After fitting (by me) I will need a good, reliable shop (not necessarily a Porsche shop, can be a good race shop) that can set the car up properly.
Anyone tried European Performance in Raleigh?
Many thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:29 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Jools,

I like European Performance, but they did not do anything serious on the car. FWIW, Last week when I was there for DE tech inspection, they told me that they just got a "very expensive alignment rack".

I know that Peter Krause in Raleigh at http://www.krauseandengland.com/ is very reputable person - he did minor stuff with my BMW several years ago. I like him too but he doesn't do Porsches. Regardin Porsche's person that Peter recommended is Chuck Miller in Hillsborough at http://www.millersportauto.com/. Both Peter and Chuck from what I understand do racing.

Let me know, please, whom will you choose and how it will work out for you. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:06 PM
boxsata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you try M&M Autowerks in Morrisville near the RDU airport, he has the best allignment shop anywhere w'the newest (don't quote me) equipment, check it out at www.mmautowerks.com, he's relatively inexpensive and simply the best in the area.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
joolsbourne
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsata
Why don't you try M&M Autowerks in Morrisville near the RDU airport, he has the best allignment shop anywhere w'the newest (don't quote me) equipment, check it out at www.mmautowerks.com, he's relatively inexpensive and simply the best in the area.
Thanks for the reccomendations.
Is this personal experience? Have you used him or know someone who has?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:13 PM
boxsata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Repeated personal experiences, he is great, the equipment is the only one I have seen and is really cool. He specializes in German cars, BMW, VW, Porsche and Audi and is very careful with the customers equipment. I have also had wheels refinished by the them, great job all around.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used EP exclusively. You can trust them and they do good work. Jimmy and Tolga are first rate. I would trust them with any car i own.

Quick Reply: Alignment shop in Eastern NC