Sponsored by:

Help Needed MO30 ROW

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Neal
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed MO30 ROW

I have been reading with great interest all the good things about 993 over the past year. This is my first post, and by the way I have paid my membership today. I feel that the info I have received from this website has been well worth it.
Now for the question at hand. I have a wonderful 1997 993, and having done all the research, decided the best thing for me to change the suspension is to go with Porsche ROW M030. I am in the process of DIY and have come to a snag. On the rears, I am using the old perch, and am having trouble lining up everything to fit. In other words, the spring is on the shock the correct way, but then the holes don't line up to put the shock back in the car. It seems to me the only way to make this work is to have the spring outside the slot on the perch. Does this make sense?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Not sure of the problem...which "holes" are you referring to? You should install the topside loosely then you can manipulate the hub assembly (have someone push it down for you) to line up the lower mount and insert the suspension arm shaft.....Are you reading the P-car.com instructions? They are helpful.

Marc
Old 03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Neal
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is when the spring is correctly positioned on the top and bottom perch of the shock, the top (where there are the four bolts) will not line up to attach to the car. Somewhat hard to describe. Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Neal
6th Gear

Hi Mark,

Yes, I have been using the P car instructions, and they are very helpful. I have had no problems until now. I have the right rear complete, and working on the left rear.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I would say first turn the assembly to fit into the upper 4 holes.....then manipulate/twist the shock and drop link mount to line up with the install.......but I am no Porsche mechanic...just a moose nugget collector.

MArc
Old 03-20-2005, 03:15 PM
911XTC
Advanced

Yeah, just rotate the body of the shock. It doesnt feel like it want to rotate, but it will. And it wont hurt anything.

Quick Reply: Help Needed MO30 ROW