Sponsored by:

993 C4S suspension options ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 PM
grundel
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 993 C4S suspension options ?

please share the experiences you have had with suspension options for the 993 C4S. I have spent too much money on trial and error and would now like to learn from somone elses trial and error. the goal is to make my daily driver perform well in DE events. the MO30 is too soft. does anybody know what the spring rates are for the PSS9? does anybody have dyno data for the HDs or the PSS9 shocks/struts?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:29 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

First off, how many track days do you do per year? It sounds like you're willing to accept a harsher street ride in favor of track performance. In that case, you're definitely a PSS9 or JIC candidate, although neither are "bad" for street use.

It's hard to describe the spring rates of PSS9 since it's a dual spring setup. I don't think anybody has good data on spring rate comparison. Check this out and you'll see what I mean:
http://home.comcast.net/~dirtybeigec...mparedRev3.xls

I didn't compile that data, nor do I know the source.

BTW, there's no difference in suspension choices or anything for a C4S versus C2, C2S, etc.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Grundel:

Suspension choices are usually based on how the car is used, local road conditions, and what the owner's experience, skill and expectations are.

I have all that data for PSS-9's (and others) but there are many factors involved in selecting the best solution for your needs,..... I will honestly tell you that unless you have a lot of experience with suspension setups and design, having spring rates and shock valving/dyno plots at hand is somewhat useless.

If you give me an idea about what you will use the car for and something of your background-experience with Porsches, I'd be pleased to offer some recommendations.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Grundel,

I went with the PSS9s and am very happy with them. I participate in 10-15 track days a year and also like driving the car on the street. I find it very easy with the RS Sway Bars and PSS9s to dial out much of the understeer.

Now that I'm moving toward club racing, I wish I had a more race ready suspension, but my goal is to be faster with less equipment. The driver makes up so much of the equation with regard to speed. I'm not out there to win, just to compete and have fun.

I do recommend the PSS9s if you are going to continue to street the car.

-Skip
Old 03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
...I have all that data for PSS-9's (and others) ...
Zoiks! Come on Steve, inquiring minds want to know! Have you considered posting them on your website or something? I know that I'd love to see more info about how these products compare.

Quick Reply: 993 C4S suspension options ?