Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Check out www.sniffpetrol.com
Scroll down a bit.......kinda funny.

Robert
Old 03-06-2005, 03:55 PM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Relieved that the season started but....

Am I the only who thinks that it was a horribly tedious and boring procession of cars. The lack of pit action and apparent lack of incentive to overtake, given that the smallest mistake can completely ruin a race for a driver, makes it very little fun to watch.

I know a lot of people think that it is good enough if Ferrari doesn't win, but this was awfully sleep raising. I guess this was FIA's intention, decide the race in two nice, clean and safe qualifying sessions! None of this boorish overtaking stuff in the race, not even during pit-stops which is sooo ungentlemanly. Jeez.

The only great action, contrary to my expectations, was provided by Villeneuve, who did a typical Mansel trick by taking back Alonso!! Schumacher removed himself from the race very effectively I guess. He opted for a new engine for Malaysia I guess...

Hope Malaysia is better otherwise I can cancel my order for a DVD recorder as I won't be needing it for this season....
Old 03-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear you, Louis. Remember watching F1 in the not too distant past when cars could actually pass for position? I was watching one of my old F1 tapes from the late '80s and I forgot how good F1 really was in those days.

They (FIA) need to get back to the old tracks where a driver really does make the difference. Today's circuits, IMHO, have too many chicanes or sections with 2nd & 3rd gear corners. This makes it a lot easier for a slower driver to keep people behind him. A good example from yesterday was JV when Alonso was attacking him. Here's Alonso, who eventually turned in the race's fastest lap, and he couldn't get by JV for 17 laps. Every race there are countless examples of this happening.

Okay, enough of my rant...

Quick Reply: F1