Front bumper rubber seal part # verificaton

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front bumper rubber seal part # verificaton

Can anyone verify if these are the correct part numbers for the rubber seals for around the front bumper cover:

993 505 543 00 - side
993 505 544 00 - side
993 505 143 01 – center

Anything else I’m forgetting?

The bumper came back without the seals from the paint shop, guess I should have removed them before I took it in…

Thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 11:49 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Joe,

I checked the PET and the first two part numbers are correct for the RH and LH "beading". The third p/n is correct for the center piece of beading along the trunk edge - but this piece is glued to the metal retaining strip and shouldn't have gone to the body shop with the bumper. Are you sure you don't have it?

The RH and LH beading should come with aluminum pins to insert and form the ends. Read this thread completely, it will give you some help attaching the new beading to the refinished bumper cover.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=beading

PM me if you need some help on this. There are also some foam pieces on the rear of the bumper cover that are easily lost or knocked off by the body shop guys. They are important, as the keep the air flow directed through the RH oil cooler and LH a/c heat exchanger. I can send you the PET sheets.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mike! Yes, you are correct, I just went to the garage and the center seal is attached to the metal retaining strip. You saved me on that one! The foam pieces on the inside of the bumper are still there. I have the PET, but sometime I question what I am actually looking at in there.

Earlier this afternoon I was looking at the bumper and I’m like something is missing. The center grill was gone. I called the body shop and luckily they found it. I will read the tread on attaching the seals. Hopefully I’ll remember how to put everything back together again! It seems like so long ago when I took it apart! Can't wait to get it back together, it's been two months since I've driven it. Way too long!

Thanks again Mike!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Joe,

You're welcome. The PET can be confusing, that's for sure. Take a good look at that black plastic center grill, too. It attaches to the inside of the bumper cover by snapping molded-in slots on the grill over little tabs molded into the back of the bumper cover.

The grill is a pretty cheapo piece and those tabs rip out easily once it is removed. When you go to reinstall it you may find that it isn't very secure - meaning it may become detached at some time and it is impossible to re-attach once the bumper cover is on. I replaced this grill (about $25) and when I installed it on the mounting tabs, put a dab of black silicone glue on each of the mounts to keep the grill in place.

Just a thought and a tip. You have a great looking car - I envy you the good California wx (UCSB '75)

Ciao

Last edited by mike cap; 03-04-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Joe , Mike do you know where is the best and fastest place to get them please? I need those plus the rear quarter window internal rubber and the inside roof liner and have literally 3-4 days to get them (here!)

Might have to order straight from Germany I am afraid.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Jean,

I know Gert at Carnewal (http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm) can get parts to the US in two or three days. He should be able to do the same to Saudi. He is the best. You may want to go that route. None of the Porsche dealership parts people I know would be any help.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks Mike, I know Gert well and should have thought of him earlier

Best, Jean

Quick Reply: Front bumper rubber seal part # verificaton