Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Targa Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I am not sure the original poster is serious in his inquiry. I have emailed him with no response. Additionally there have not been any follow up posts.

Hopefully this info. has helped others, as these threads usually do.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
FLAT6FAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case someone is still looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...532864382&rd=1
Old 03-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbrouder
From what I've read 96-97's have potentially expensive roof problems, not solved untill 98. Something to consider.
The revisions between the years of the 993 Targa were to parts in the sunshade. None of the revisions were major, however. In fact, I bought some of the replacement pieces for my sunshade, and the cost was $15. The 996 Targa had a completely redesigned top.

Just $.02 from a Targa owner.

Good luck with the search for the perfect car. It took me 6 months to find mine.

-Chris
Old 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris W. - '96 Targa
The revisions between the years of the 993 Targa were to parts in the sunshade. None of the revisions were major, however. In fact, I bought some of the replacement pieces for my sunshade, and the cost was $15. The 996 Targa had a completely redesigned top.

Just $.02 from a Targa owner.

Good luck with the search for the perfect car. It took me 6 months to find mine.

-Chris
Chris:

What were these parts? My sunshade works perfectly, but I am curious.

Your car is perfect, it looks great.

BTW, there is only one other 993 in this area. I have not seen it but the PCA guys tell me so.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjconner
What were these parts? My sunshade works perfectly, but I am curious.

Your car is perfect, it looks great.

BTW, there is only one other 993 in this area. I have not seen it but the PCA guys tell me so.
Thanks! Still needs to lose the SUV ride height, but I'm trying to build a company right now, so the priorities aren't on p-car suspension.

The parts I ordered for my sunshade are the two "pulling parts" that go in either end of the sunshade's leading edge. The pieces are made of pot metal, and the tabs on them that slide in the track for the sunshade had broken. From looking at PET it didn't appear the parts were listed, and I thought I would have to buy the entire sunshade assembly (at $880 according to my dealer). Saw the part numbers for these pieces on Rennlist, and the total cost was right at $15.

When I received the new parts, I noticed the change to the design. Rather than have only a single tab to slide in the track, the revised part has two tabs, and is "beefier" in its construction.

The thread where I found the part numbers can be found here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/118735-broken-targa-top-shade-cover.html

-Chris

Quick Reply: 993 Targa Wanted