Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Eagle Mid-Rise Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathan, mine is black, but I did have a silver 993. Does that qualify my for a Starbucks session?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 AM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy - do a search for lifts. This topic is covered extensivley throughout all forums. All of the manufacturers are included in many of these posts.

My real dilema is whether or not I can "push" a motor with the car balanced on the Eagle lift. The top platform is 90" long ....Wow! Check the space between jack points, it's like 55 or 60". That is a lot of overhang. But the next cheapest lift for me is another 1K.

Andy
Old 03-05-2005, 06:37 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Andy
Here's the picture I promised. I've taken several others if anyone is interested (didn't want to take up too much bandwidth). The lift ends at the point of the yellow lift plates so as you can see, there should be plenty of room to remove the engine.

Jim
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
zffnhsn
Rennlist Member

If you want the best buy Rotary. http://rotarylift.com/Products/Versa...VersaLifts.asp
Old 03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim,
Yes..... That is exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate your speedy delivery on the pic and all your help thus far. I am truly greatful that there are other addicts of these cars in the world. Once again, the board has paid for itself.

Zffnhsn - I am in total aggrement with you. However, the extra 1200 can be spent on a set of EVO uprights now. As this is portable I can use it in another home some day without alot of hassle, then have a two poster as well.

I will let everyone know my outcome when I pull my motor with the lift.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 03-06-2005, 12:33 AM
nman413
Drifting

Man, this would make working on the car sooooo much easier.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:14 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Jim,
Do you have any pictures showing where the transmission suspension is in relation to the edge of the lift? (i.e. where it mounts to the body) From your picture it looks like we could pull the engine & tranny but just barely, with maybe less than an inch of clearance. With the mounting arms angled in the picture its tough to tell just where the jackpoints are in relation to the lift.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:35 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

Jason
How about this one.

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Jim,
Do you have any pictures showing where the transmission suspension is in relation to the edge of the lift? (i.e. where it mounts to the body) From your picture it looks like we could pull the engine & tranny but just barely, with maybe less than an inch of clearance. With the mounting arms angled in the picture its tough to tell just where the jackpoints are in relation to the lift.
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2005, 04:26 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Do you know anyone that's dropped an engine with this lift? I want one of these but it looks like the transmission is going to get caught on the lift and your going to have to finagle the engine out, if you can get it out.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the additional pic Jim.

Jason -

I believe there will have to be a small modification made to the lift using a sawzaw and a welder. It should be a cheap and non-structural mod to the lift. I'll post any mods when I get the lift. I will be pulling the motor and trans using this lift.

Andy
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Jason

Dont know anyone who has pulled an engine with it. It does have optional rise plates (raises another 8-10 inches). I bet you could figure out a way though.

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Do you know anyone that's dropped an engine with this lift? I want one of these but it looks like the transmission is going to get caught on the lift and your going to have to finagle the engine out, if you can get it out.
Andy
You'll love the lift. It takes me about three minutes to raise the car. Dont forget to have them throw in the optional rise plates.

Jim
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Rob Kwate
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I second ZFFNHSN's thoughts on the Rotary lift. I've had one for four years and have had absolutely no problems with it. It's a 2-post, assymetrical, 9,000 lbs. lift. I understand the desire to spend as little as possible, but this is not the place to skimp. You'll realize that the first time you stand under your car and look at all the weight that will kill you if it falls. If you can't afford to get a good, strong, and above all, safe lift, then you can't afford a lift. Just my thoughts, Rob.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:40 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob Kwate
I understand the desire to spend as little as possible, but this is not the place to skimp. You'll realize that the first time you stand under your car and look at all the weight that will kill you if it falls. If you can't afford to get a good, strong, and above all, safe lift, then you can't afford a lift.
I would love a "real" two-post lift but I will have problems with ceiling height, concrete depth and compressive strength (I already tried).
Old 03-08-2005, 12:11 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob - money isn't the issue with the two-post lift. Bay width and ceiling height are the issues at hand. Rotary is the a good lift, but hell, why not do the inground if money is no object right?? Who would choose to have two posts in their garage, not I. So with that said why not spend as little as is needed, I don't own a shop and do all my own work. The eagle is fine for 90% of the population. A ton safer than hydraulic lifts and jackstands! You guys who jump in on a thread that cleary asks for those who HAVE eagle mid-rise lifts, not comments from those of you who don't really rubs me the wrong way. Let's keep it positive and productive. DONE!

Jim - thank you and I'll keep you posted. You have been an immense help here.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 03-08-2005, 07:18 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Not a problem Andy! I've had the Eagle for 5 years without one problem (except the time it crashed down on me and killed me).

Originally Posted by vuugti
Rob - money isn't the issue with the two-post lift. Bay width and ceiling height are the issues at hand. Rotary is the a good lift, but hell, why not do the inground if money is no object right?? Who would choose to have two posts in their garage, not I. So with that said why not spend as little as is needed, I don't own a shop and do all my own work. The eagle is fine for 90% of the population. A ton safer than hydraulic lifts and jackstands! You guys who jump in on a thread that cleary asks for those who HAVE eagle mid-rise lifts, not comments from those of you who don't really rubs me the wrong way. Let's keep it positive and productive. DONE!

Jim - thank you and I'll keep you posted. You have been an immense help here.

Cheers,
Andy

Quick Reply: Eagle Mid-Rise Lift