993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Meet at RUF North America in Dallas - Sat 2/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:30 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Can you guys suggest a nice hotel somewhere near RUF? We normally stay at the Westin Stonebrier, but we are always game to trying out new places. Most of the homes we are driving down to see are in the McKinney, Frisco, Colony and Plano area.......

JoAnne
RUF is in Carollton, which is pretty close to Addison and Plano. Given that you will need access to McKinney, Frisco, etc..., I would stay somewhere sort of in-between like North Plano. Actually, the Westin Stonebriar area is not too far from RUF. JASTX lives very close to RUF, maybe he can recommend something even closer.... (?)
Old 02-06-2005, 01:44 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Can you guys suggest a nice hotel somewhere near RUF? We normally stay at the Westin Stonebrier, but we are always game to trying out new places. Most of the homes we are driving down to see are in the McKinney, Frisco, Colony and Plano area.......

JoAnne
Joanne,
The Westin Stonebriar is your best bet. It's about a 10-15min drive to RUF and very close to Plano/Colony/Frisco.

If you desire to stay elsewhere, there is a full service Marriott at Legacy and the Tollway in Plano that is convenient to a bunch of resturaunts. It's about 2-3 miles south of the Westin.

Here's the address:

Marriott at Legacy Town Center
7120 Dallas Parkway Plano, TX 75024

HTH,
Scott
Old 02-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is brining the Boxster S. I'm brining my 993TT and my neighbor just got a 996.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tour18
My wife is brining the Boxster S. I'm brining my 993TT and my neighbor just got a 996.
There's TOUR18... nice, I will get to drool over your TT again...

I sure hope it doesnt rain... forecast says its iffy.... unless its really coming down hard, several still plan on going... RUF is mostly inside anyways... we can just take the 20+ Porsches and stuff them in their garage bay... now that would be a picture...

Old 02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Robert just told me that the Weather Channel is predicting showers fror next weekend and he isn't sure he wants to drive down if that happens. I STILL want to go. Jonathan, you think others will back out if it rains? Come on men, what's a little rain? We all have other cars we can drive, right? Ruf is putting out the $$$ for food rain or shine so we should all show up... Heck I still want to come down from R CAN SAW for heavens sakes! But then, I want to move from R Can Saw..................................................................... ........................

Scott,
Thanks for the info on the Marriott. I checked on it last night and I think that is where we will be staying. It is closer to RUF too. Somehow I don't think I want to spend what the Westin is quoting for a standard room next weekend. It's not like we'll be playing golf or using the pool this time around. We'll be there to only sleep!

Se y'all next weekend!
JoAnne
Old 02-06-2005, 01:23 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Robert just told me that the Weather Channel is predicting showers fror next weekend and he isn't sure he wants to drive down if that happens. I STILL want to go. Jonathan, you think others will back out if it rains? Come on men, what's a little rain? We all have other cars we can drive, right? Ruf is putting out the $$$ for food rain or shine so we should all show up... Heck I still want to come down from R CAN SAW for heavens sakes! But then, I want to move from R Can Saw..................................................................... ........................

Scott,
Thanks for the info on the Marriott. I checked on it last night and I think that is where we will be staying. It is closer to RUF too. Somehow I don't think I want to spend what the Westin is quoting for a standard room next weekend. It's not like we'll be playing golf or using the pool this time around. We'll be there to only sleep!

Se y'all next weekend!
JoAnne
JoAnne, et. al

The Weather Channel is predicting 60% chance of rain on Saturday.

We have rescheduled our Dallas meet more than once, and its always hard to find a date when lots can make it. Over 20+ people on Rennlist and other boards have said they will be coming on Saturday, but how many will still show up if its raining I certainly cant predict. I will still be there... and hope others will still come. As I said previously, RUF is a very nice shop inside from the rain :-) Wings, RUF cars, and fellow Rennlisters would still be a nice way to spend the day I think...
Old 02-06-2005, 01:40 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Scott,

Se y'all next weekend!
JoAnne

Inge and I will be there come rain or shine....... see you there.