Sponsored by:

Another Zaino Disciple

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
mail order, but there are distributors...one in LA, for example.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:41 PM
acastell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the name of the guy on the West coast...I am sure he can tell you who to work with Nationally.

Steve
(408) 629-4931

I do not know his last name...he is in my Address book as Steve Zaino.

Anthony
Old 04-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Joe L
Instructor

Dennis - what swirl marks did your car even have in the first place?!?!?!

I have a Polar Silver C4S, use Zaino and love the stuff...
Old 04-29-2003, 01:00 PM
BigBadDad
Advanced

Thanks guys - I emailed Sal Zaino. He has/had a local distributor, but the email address is bad. Thus, I am just ordering direct from Zaino. To let you know, he can accept credit card orders if you call him.

Thanks again - John
Old 04-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just tried Zaino after having used blitz wax for the past few years. It certainly wasn't more difficult to apply than traditional wax, but, so far, it seems to hold up a bit better and makes subsequent washing a little easier. My car appears fairly shiny and it seems to resist dust, water spots, etc. a bit better.

My one concern is that its very thin and I've always felt that wax provided a genuine layer (albeit a small one) of protection against chips, road grime, etc. This might be wishful thinking, as I'm not sure how much it matters having a 1/32" layer of wax v. 1/128" layer of zaino between my paint and a pebble at 60 mph...

Anyway, so far I'm happy with it. Only real problem is now I can't be lazy and let someone else detail my car because they will use wax....
Old 04-29-2003, 01:36 PM
A.J. - 95 993
Racer

I'm a recent Zaino convert, too. I used to be an Imperial Hand Glaze fan, too. It's fairly difficult to remove, but worth it. It takes care of swirl marks, but not scratches. I finally broke down and bought the Griots Garage buffer and machine polish system. I'm opening my own little detail business, and decided to give the machine a shot since I'm lucky to get one coat of 3M and one coat of paste wax on in less than 3 hours. And that's with a tiny little 911 that is well taken care of. The pads that come with the buffer are also amazing. I don't want to sound gushy, but the results of the buffer are amazing. 'Ol Richard Griot seems to tell some pretty tall tales, but with this thing, he's pretty much right. I tried it out with the Zaino (using the red pad), and the results are fantastic. I have used the Zaino on 4 cars now, and haven't quite used 1/4 of a bottle. I use the Z1, because the ZFX has a cure time once it's mixed with the wax and the mixture is no good after a day. The results have been truly impressive, and with the buffer and 3 polishes, I can get rid of some pretty nasty scrach/swirls. It still takes me a good 4 or 5 hours, but I get so much more done. This is perfect for cars that have been somewhat neglected. The turnaround is dramatic.

Please - this is not a plug for myself or my business, just an alternative to those of you who are pressed for time while doing your own cars. My business is extremely local - I would benefit nothing by posting on Rennlist. Most pureists would be throwing bricks at me right now for suggesting using a machine on the precious paint, but the results are incredible. It just means that you have to be that much more careful with the prep work (be sure to clay the paint). I do have some before/after pics:

<a href="http://members.rennlist.com/obsession/results.html" target="_blank">Obsession</a>

Oh yeah - I used a pic of Shank's car, I need to shoot him a note to get his official permission. Please don't tell him before I do...
Old 04-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
AJ,
What do you charge?
I know some people in the 'ville if you need some more business.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:12 AM
okindao
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe, had many swirl marks especially on the fenders, my experience after nearly trying all products was the 3 m Swirl remoover was the best.

Joe has your car been worked on yet if so how did it go ??
Old 04-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Joe L
Instructor

Have yet to take it to be worked on. I'm procrastinating because I don't want to know how much it will cost

I am calling today to make the appointment though, will let you know how everything goes...

Quick Reply: Another Zaino Disciple