FVD Custom Floormat Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:19 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD Custom Floormat Group Buy

Hi Everyone,
I am running a Group Buy on our Custom Mats!! You can see more information and photos here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...864post1880864
Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 01-30-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Wish I had known about this before I got my OEM mats from the dealer... though the OEM mats are only about $100. I happen to love the black on black OEM mats as there is nothing light colored to get dirty. The red stitched "Porsche" on the black mats that came with my car was dirty looking on the red part of it. The black mats don't show dark dirt at all. I really like these mats...

Not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge, though, as I don't really need a set now.

What do you all think about these mats vs the OEM mats? I'm not too wild about the "wild" colored borders, but I like the plain jane C4S version in the above pic as it would show the dirt the least. The mats shown on his website with the light colored borders in yellow or silver will get dirty pretty fast here on the east coast with all the grime we drag into our cars here from winter driving.

Steve R
Old 01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

For me these mats would be great. Black centers w/colored borders and logos would have a lot of 'eyeball'. I wonder how much they charge for a custom logo. ARe they Lloyd's?
I never drive my car in inclimate weather so the colors don't matter.
I have a brand new set of Lloyd's OEM mats that are wearing where my heal rides during normal driving. Less that 2k miles. Not please with the quality.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 AM
lowblow
Racer

I just ordered a set of Carrera 4S mats from US speed. They are very similar to the picture above. I will have them in 5 days and they cost $129.

Take a look before you jump on the group buy.

Mike
Old 01-30-2005, 12:08 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

too bad FVD doesnt offer my logo (C2S).... i would have purchased if they did.... not gonna pay more and wait longer for my logo...
Old 01-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Thanks for the info, Mike. Hmmm - $129 vs $156.... I found it too:
http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/LM-993
"Licensed Porsche Mats are manufactured by Lloyd Design Corp. under license from Porsche AG. All emblems shown on mats for Porsche vehicles are trademarks of Dr. Ing h.c.F. Porsche AG."

They seem to offer a very similar mat with the C4S logo or the Carrera S logo, or just about any logo you could think of, for alot less than the FVD floor mats. I wonder what the actual difference is? Has anyone bought one or the other of these mats and care to comment on them?

I wish I had the car that fits THESE mats

Steve R
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Hey Guys,
As for the quality of our mats, here is a photo of my drivers side mat after 21,000 miles of daily driver use. Through the rain, mud, etc. they have held up VERY well....

As for the C2S, we could do that no problem and would not cost extra... I cannot possibly list EVERY one we could do, all you have to do is ask .
Evan
Old 01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the info on the Carrera S Evan... the special explicity said that other logos would cost extra and take longer to ship so that is what i was working off of.... thanks for the clarification... the mats look NICE. I am thinking that red border w/ red logo would look kind of cool w/ my black interior...
Old 01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Thanks for the info on the Carrera S Evan... the special explicity said that other logos would cost extra and take longer to ship so that is what i was working off of.... thanks for the clarification... the mats look NICE. I am thinking that red border w/ red logo would look kind of cool w/ my black interior...
Yes, I do appologize, it is unclear!!
Just send me an email if you do decide to ordrer!!
Evan
PS-No our mats are not made by the above company, they are made custom to order in Germany then shipped here (why they take longer). Also our edges are stitched, not vinyl
Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

will the logos just be straight letters, or will they be similar to the original Porsche scripts (example the Carrera 4S mats pictured in this thread)...
Old 01-30-2005, 08:17 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
will the logos just be straight letters, or will they be similar to the original Porsche scripts (example the Carrera 4S mats pictured in this thread)...
Take a look at this gallery, this is how the scripts look:
http://www.kozmanautos.com/Website/fvdmatgal.htm
If you have questions about how a specific one will look that you don't see in there please post it and I will describe
Evan
Old 01-30-2005, 08:47 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Steve,

I just got my set of LLoyd mats with the carrera 4S from USSpeed the other day. I haven't installed them, but took a quick look and think they look great. They also use the same mounting holes as the original carpets and include a longer push button for mounting.

Any one want additional info send me a PM and I'll take some pics or something for you tomorrow evening.

Skip
Old 01-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Hi Evan, I too am interested. How do your mats differ from Llyods mats from US speed may I ask? Sorry to ask such a question but it kind of jumps off the thread for me.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:18 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Midnight C4S
Hi Evan, I too am interested. How do your mats differ from Llyods mats from US speed may I ask? Sorry to ask such a question but it kind of jumps off the thread for me.
I have never seen a set of Llyods mats, so I cannot compare...
Regards,
Evan
EDIT: After looking at their website, I see their edges are vinyl... Seems kinda cheezy to me compared to stitched, but that is a personal opinion (no its not because we sell the stitched)
Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Mike in O.C.
Instructor

I have a pair of original Lloyd floormats in black with red "PORSCHE" lettering for sale with the box they came in. On a scale of 1-10, the drivers mat is an 9 and the passenger mat is a 10. If interested, PM me.

Quick Reply: FVD Custom Floormat Group Buy