Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turtle Wax Zip Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003 | 07:40 PM
Griffin Brown
Advanced

Post Turtle Wax Zip Wax

I am not sure I am remembering the name correctly, but Turtle Wax has a wash/carnuba wax product that seems really nice. Both the cleaner and the wax are together in the same bottle. Just wash your car as normal. The water literally just falls off when you rinse it. You almost don't even have to dry the car. The dust mop glides over the paint just as smoothly as after a real wax. Anyone else have experience with this product? Any problems with it?
Old 06-30-2003 | 08:52 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, anything is likely better than nothing, i.e., not washing your car.

That being said, anything that combines stuff is not as good as the two parts. I use Zaino, which is super easy. Also, keep in mind that if the waxy part is in the soap, it is being left on windows, tires, wheels, trim, lots of places you don't want it.

I wouldn't mess with it on a $70k (well, used to be) car.
Old 06-30-2003 | 09:41 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turtle wax may do good job in marketing, but I would not use their products on my cars for long term endurance.

Also, mixing wax with car wash in same application probably will cause a bothering film on glass (wipers may screech), and rubber components.
Old 07-01-2003 | 11:39 AM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

I remember the name Zip Wax. I think Consumers Reports included it in their wax test several years ago, but I can't find my copy. The recent Guru Reports wax test did not have Zip Wax among the 46 waxes they tested. They did test Turtle Wax Emerald Series which has some carnauba wax in it and some cleaner too. It earned an overall grade of C+, which put it in 19th place. Durability was C (no water beading at 6 weeks); ease of application B+; ease of buffing off C-; performance C. The top 3 waxes in that test were Zaino (A-), P21S Concours-look Carnauba (B+), and Klasse All-In-One & Sealant Glaze (B). <a href="http://www.gurureports.org" target="_blank">www.gurureports.org</a>

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Zip Wax