Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered car with RUF 18" clearance issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts
Post Lowered car with RUF 18" clearance issues?

Wondering if there will be any clearance issues if I lower my 993 C2 narrow body with the RUF 18" rims? My specific concern relates to the wheel arches- given the width of the rims and tires which sit almost flush with the outside of the front and rear arches, would I have to roll the arches to clear the tires? I am running 285 on the rear rims and 225s on the front, per RUF recommendations.

I will be looking to use the M030 spec kit.

Much thanks for any input!
Old 11-15-2002, 10:03 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Harold,

I have hollow spoke 18's with my car lowered to RS height. I do not have any clearance issues with the fenders. My wheels also are flush with the wheel well opening and I have not rolled the fender.

However, since our cars were hand assembled there are differences to each car, which is the reason that the ride height should be set using the factory measurement point on the frame/suspension instead of measuring from the fender lip. Another thing to consider is the tires you will be using. Some tires (even the same size) have different actual measurements such as a little taller side wall. I use P-zero Asimmetrico 285/ 30 or 35 I can’t remember ).

Quick Reply: Lowered car with RUF 18" clearance issues?