993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somewhat OT - Cayenne.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003 | 12:25 PM
TrackMan
Advanced

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Franklin229:
<strong>Actually-I disagree with TrackMan-whining is good and healthy-passionate consumers help drive to create passionate products. As far as the Cayenne is concerned, marketing parameters have driven to create fluff. The old "Doc" himself must be rolling in his grave.....</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You are delusional if you think the collective "whining" over the Cayenne is going to have any influence over Porsche's (or any other German automobile company's) future products. They may respond to constructive criticism which all of the Cayenne bashing certainly is not.
Old 07-05-2003 | 02:18 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Off topic, but it just amazes me that we have these types of tax deductions for gas guzzlers when we are already too oil dependant.

Ironically, if the tax deductions are there - agree it should be utilized.
Old 07-05-2003 | 11:12 PM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Trackman-I appreciate the comment but tend to differ. Maybe I have pointed views on the Cayenne, my opinion of course- but look at BMW-rushing to restyle the 7 series. Why? Certainly not because they had some time to kill. If a certain consensus of folks can sway Mc Donalds to be concerned about the amount of fat in their products, then this type of feedback serves it's purpose.
Old 07-10-2003 | 01:35 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTT.

Anyone have a first-hand comparison of the Cayenne S and the BMW X5 4.6?
Old 07-10-2003 | 03:37 PM
George from MD
Drifting

There was one in Car Magazine a few months ago. They rated the BMW superior in most categories and seemed to be pretty down on the Cayenne. The folks on the Cayenne board can't stand hearing that but tis true. Ironically, the same issue lavished praise on both the 911 and the Boxster, rating the latter as superior to the new Z4.

I'll try to find the issue and post some of the remarks here if I haven't tossed it.
Old 07-10-2003 | 04:15 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would love to see it.

It seems that the new X5 4.4 (325+HP) and the Cayenne S are very similar. I am going to try both but I'd love other's opinions that have tried them as well.
Old 07-10-2003 | 05:00 PM
laurence '97 C4S
Racer

I just drove the VW Toureg. For my money, if I was considering the C., I would look hard at the VW. Cheaper and better looking- easy decision for me. I have an X5, and for the way I use it (very little offroad) I felt it was better than the Toureg in the absolute. When you add in the decreased cost of the VW vs the BMW, I would probably go with the VW.
Old 07-11-2003 | 10:44 AM
George from MD
Drifting

I agree and would look at the VW too. Interestingly, VW's website allows a "direct" comparison of features and capabilities with a number of other SUV's- but not the Cayenne. Wonder why.
Old 07-11-2003 | 04:33 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Talking about cayennes, the latest issues of "GT purely porsche" (the brit mag high on quality pictures and low on text/contents) has a feature on a tuned Cayenne with 20"wheels, lowered etc...

There is a side shot that is beautiful! Never thought I'd say beautiful and Cayenne in the same sentence, but there ya go... Once lowered it really looks more like a 911 hatchback from the side! I'll try to scan it tonight..

Quick Reply: Somewhat OT - Cayenne.