Sponsored by:

The Console Porsche Should have made

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Lon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
Beautiful construction. Do u like the navigation?

im now told there is a pop-up nav screen from a head unit that will clear the dash overhang. I think it is made my pioneer. Anyone know of one?

The Nav is awesome. I have had one in my vechicles for a few years now. It is Touchscreen, great resoultion and very thourough directions. The nav gives voice guidance that comes over the car speakers, which it mutes first. It has just about every restaurnt, airport, hotel, bank teller, park sports arena and others i cant even think of. It has thei phone numberand adress. Lots of features, make life so much easier when going some place you arent familiar with.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Lon
Instructor

Originally Posted by AZ Rich
Great job! I have a phone console and want to do something similar next year. A couple of quick questions:

1. Is the screen a touch screen? How do you like it?

2. Why did you pick the kenwood VS the Pioneer? (I think I like the Kenwood also)

3. Where did you put the other three toggle switches?

Thanks for your reply,

I have had the Pioneer and I have had the Kenwood. B oth are good units, but for me the Kenwood seems to be a better unit. Plus it has music Keg support which is importaint to me.

The other toggle switches are on the side of the console, can get to them easy enough, but i never use those three anyway.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Lon
Instructor

Originally Posted by PK
Nice setup, Lon.
One question: What did you do away with the hazard switch and the "!" switch?

its on the side of the console, still within reach if needed.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lon
It is a Piece of Plexi , painted black on the back side which gives it a nice finish. I will be getting the Porsche emblem scribed into it, just be a nice look when done.
Or you can throw a Bearcat in there....can be just as useful as a V1. BTW can you post pics of your subwoofers installed behind the seats? I think many here would be interested in seeing those.

TIA

Quick Reply: The Console Porsche Should have made