Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy,

http://devek.net/index.php?page=rennlist993
Old 01-20-2005, 06:32 PM
solsrch
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've priced them you know under $1K is a killer deal on the bars!!! I'm not saying they'd do that for you now but I just thought it would be worth calling.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:41 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I just follow the link Kim posted. $975.00. I was thinking they were 2k for a set. Don't know where I got that number.

Are the TRGs from VB different from the ones directly from TRG? They a $50 more. Any reason?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:10 PM
solsrch
Pro

Randy, you can normally figure around $1,500 a set, unless you go used. I searched high and low and couldn't get anything under $1150 a year ago when I bought mine from Mark. I was really excited to break the $1K barrier, even though they were gently used - thanks again to Mark!! Anyway, my GUESS, and only a guess, is that VB is including some of his drop links with the TRG bars and that accounts for the price difference. That is pure speculation on my part. I have RS drop links but if you shift through the old threads you see photos of a really nice drop link that I believe VB puts together on his own.
Bottomline, I don't think you can go wrong either way. My thought was as Steve W. said, those Porsche guys are pretty smart, go with the original.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy-

I bought used TT sways from a Rennlister for $200. I have PSS9's. I AX and DE my car. The change to TT sways from OEM on my NB was an incredible result. The TT sways WITH the PSS9's make it a totally different car. I think I will be set for quite some time before I reach the limits of the TT sways.... If I do, I have recently found out that I can turn my TT sways into adjustables. Steve at Rennsport tells me they often drill an extra set of holes in the TT sways.... interesting.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Randy-

I bought used TT sways from a Rennlister for $200. I have PSS9's. I AX and DE my car. The change to TT sways from OEM on my NB was an incredible result. The TT sways WITH the PSS9's make it a totally different car. I think I will be set for quite some time before I reach the limits of the TT sways.... If I do, I have recently found out that I can turn my TT sways into adjustables. Steve at Rennsport tells me they often drill an extra set of holes in the TT sways.... interesting.
I agree with Pedro, 100%. The TT sways are an incredible value. I also have a set that cost me about $200, used. If I ever get the need to have an adjustable bar, I'm planning to drill a couple extra holes, too. To date though, I have been more than happy with what these bars, coupled with the PSS9s, does for the handling of my car!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 349 Posts
Talking Sway Bar Bargain

I had M030 RoW sways on my car before the PSS9s and TRGs, 22mm front and the Turbo RoW rear bars of 21mm. I had an extra hole drilled in the rear bar for added stiffness on the short track. I set the car up using the drop link into the added hole and off I went to a short track, The Streets of Willow in Rosamond, CA...voila, no more push, great handling.

A few months later I was off the Big Track at Willow Springs...and I forgot to change the bar back to the original position. I didn't realize it until I was packing up to go home....the car handled very well, no oversteer, and this is good because Turn 8 is a constant radius very fast turn where terminal velocity is about 120 mph...we don't want over steer here. Great bars...great value...even if you buy them new they are about $300 a pair, and you can re-use the stock drop links!

Last edited by Martin S.; 01-21-2005 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Pedantic and sophomoric post, moot and mundane too!

Quick Reply: Best Sway Bars?