993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I dreaming

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005 | 10:15 AM
SLVR
Pro

Price seems adequate and reasonable at this stage though, not more and not (much) less. Certainly not a bargain, just about right.
Old 01-18-2005 | 01:55 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

If it's too good to be true, it usually is.
Old 01-18-2005 | 02:01 PM
H. Miller
Racer

OK guys, here's a better deal on a TT. One owner car or so the dealer says. Great color and sounds like a great price. I already made an offer below $59k but they said no since they just took it in trade. Give a look:
http://www.murraymotors.com/used_inv...Porsche&bhcp=1
Old 01-18-2005 | 02:13 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

howie-
is this car a c4s that later had a turbo mod added? - it isnt clear the way it was listed on the web site. If so, the price should be lower than 59k - if not, i would buy it at 59.9k in a minute.
Old 01-18-2005 | 03:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H. Miller
OK guys, here's a better deal on a TT. One owner car or so the dealer says. Great color and sounds like a great price. I already made an offer below $59k but they said no since they just took it in trade. Give a look:
hhtp://www.murraymotors.com/used_inv...Porsche&bhcp=1
That's the car that Doug (Frisbee54) currently has under sales contract and is having his PPI done. See his thread on the 993 Turbo board under "993 TT found".
Old 01-19-2005 | 12:44 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Any time you see a car that is TOO good to be true there is a story behind it. Leak down, lien what ever
Been on Ebay a zillion times, there is always somthing. You guys looking for a great deal aint gonna find it. This car has original shocks/springs there goes $4-5K WHo knows what condition the motors in??
Sure you may buy a car in the high $50's K but your gonna pay $20-$30K getting it right unless your gonna let it sit and
look at it. PLEASE YOU GUYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! These cars can be great and easily maintained regardless of 10K miles to 70K miles but get the up front work done BEFORE you buy.
Now that these cars are 9-10 years old there are all kinds of things that can hide behind the curtain.

There are reasons these cars are in the 50's or 60's. If you can find a Rennlister buy it or convince him to sell it. Their stories are here for everyone to read. Dont be the guy who had 35 pages of posts on his personal nightmare! Even a 10-15K car can have all kinds of problems if it was not looked after. It was probably neglected. If a nice 993 TT was for sale, chances are it aint gonna show up on Ebay! Be reasonable. I know how bad some of you want TT's I've been there, but let reason rule over passion! I worry about you all!
Old 01-19-2005 | 02:31 AM
Solitude
Racer

OG, well said. Ray. How come my rennlist member does not pop up?? Anyone??(I paid)...
Old 01-19-2005 | 03:25 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Solitude,

Just send a quick email to Jen at jmunson@rennlist.net and she will update it for you.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2005 | 12:36 PM
verboten
Racer

Default I couldn't pass it up!

I bought the 993 tt on ebay. So far everything with the car and the story checkout. I talked to the wrench in MD (PCA approved), who serviced the car for four years until sold to the current owner. The car is near perfect, right options and color.

She is selling her car and boat to finance another home and expand her PT business. Her other car is a lifted H2 Hummer.

Anyone know of an inexpensive transport company (Odessa,TX to Chicago, IL)

Thanks for everyone's help!

Jack
Old 01-20-2005 | 01:42 PM
24FPS
Drifting

bol jack ... as long as 'ppi' checked out, sure you're good (imho, talking to a wrench doesn't count), hope you get some service history on the car . & get that pink slip.
some guys here got some great deals on their 'tt's' in the high 50's & low 60's... so i know, esp. if the seller is motivated, there are some deals.
(btw: curious, how do they handle 'title' if current owner does not have? does one simply go to the 'p.o.'s' bank (where financed, etc.) & cut a check & walk out w/ title?)

cheers

oh... & jack start a new thread re: shipping...rennlist is great for that, have an answer by late today!
Old 01-20-2005 | 01:55 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

I think the price is probably about right. These cars are approaching 10 years old and prices are dropping...whether we like it or not. Very nice TT's with 30K+ miles on them are going to be priced everyday in the $50K's...it's just a matter of a very short time.

Prices on "S" cars (C4S and C2S) are much weaker than they were just a few months ago....it's a fact.

Super low mileage garage queens will continue to hold a higher value but cars in normal use will continue to depreciate slowly but surely!

And BTW: Verboten....you need to come up with some money for a Rennlist membership if you haven't done so already. Since this board apparently helped you find a car and you keep asking for Carfaxes you need to "belly up to the bar"
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:54 PM
lovesCurves
Track Day

Question Am I STILL dreaming

Originally Posted by verboten
I bought the 993 tt on ebay. Anyone know of an inexpensive transport company (Odessa,TX to Chicago, IL)
Jack
Jack (verboten)- Auction ended Jan 19, & you posted the above on Jan 20. Are you eBay bidder fireIce586? If so, seller calls you a bogus bidder, & that you've done the same before: click here- 993TT re-listed on eBay. What's your story?

PedroNole & everybody else interested in the chase- hunt's back on!
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:59 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Originally Posted by billh1963
And BTW: Verboten....you need to come up with some money for a Rennlist membership if you haven't done so already. Since this board apparently helped you find a car and you keep asking for Carfaxes you need to "belly up to the bar"
am i smellin' troll? on the 993 forum no less. - p l e a s e ... gmafb
Old 01-26-2005 | 12:14 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bill youre dreaming. Nice tts are not in the 50's If you want a 96 with 50K miles with a whine in first gear and the compression check all over the place yes you can find a TT in the high 50's. If you want a no story one your prices are off. There are still many in the 70's'80' and even 90' for ones in mid miles that are modded nice and fully documented with records and books and reciepts. One fellow rennlister, just had the same thing happen to him. I am telling you because I am finding this with potential buyers of mine. Several have said they found a 'nice' one. Paid the PPI and even had that come out OK. Then FLY to see the car and find out otherwise, one needed a new clutch and had NO records or books! Sure nice buy at $58K would you take that chance on a 10 year old car?
I am telling you that if you find a car in the 50's or even low 60's typically there is a story. Now as a educated buyer do you want a steal for $60K then find out you need a new 1st drive shaft and a clutch? I am telling you to do your homework. You are still risking tens of thousands of dollars by buying a car in the 50's or even low 60's. if your willing to take that risk fine. But its not normally out there. Like you said a 10 year old car. A 10 year old car needs full records Books and receipts not only for big repair items but also normal maintenence and service intervals.
Oh and Jack verbotten just proved my point. You guys be careful!!

Last edited by OldGuy; 01-26-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-26-2005 | 01:34 AM
Solitude
Racer

OG. Well said. I'm becoming your biggest fan. Only if your car was white..Hmmm..

Quick Reply: Am I dreaming