Sponsored by:

M030 + Bilstein HD Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:48 PM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post M030 + Bilstein HD Install Question

I'm getting ready to order the Euro M030 springs with Bilstein HD shocks from Carnewal. I'm going to stay with my US stock suspension sway bars to save a few bucks.

Is there anything else I need to order for this install or any hints in terms of a DIY project on this install. I've looked at the p-car site and looks like I need a special socket to remove the shock body.

Anything else I should order or know before beginning?

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts
The sway bars are only another $400 or so, and the labor is free, because you are "already in there". I feel you will be missing out on the biggest bang for the buck in your upgrade. Don't forget Gert's FPB.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:51 PM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry,

Were you pleased with the results of this setup in general? Firmness/harshness around town? Did you add the special front mounts to allow additional lowering of the front. I understand that around 3/4" is about all I get without.

Keith
Old 05-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts
Delighted. No more harsh than US. The front mount was not available when I did mine. The installer cut about 1/2 turn of the thin part of the coil, with no adverse effects. I got about 1.25" lower. Handling is more neutral. Try the search, there have been a lot of write-ups.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by smithk993:
<strong>Terry,

Were you pleased with the results of this setup in general? Firmness/harshness around town? Did you add the special front mounts to allow additional lowering of the front. I understand that around 3/4" is about all I get without.

Keith</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Keith, I have the full M030 kit from Gert, and did not install the modified collars, hence keeping the car higher.

Unless you really want to lower the car substantially, the set up as is brings the car to apporx ROW ride height (my car prior to install was already ROW ride height and remains thje same after install)....you will not be dissappointed with the handling improvements.

Quick Reply: M030 + Bilstein HD Install Question