I've been RSR'd

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 12:37 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Post I've been RSR'd

I installed my RSR mufflers Saturday and they are awesome. I have removed all of the sound deadening padding from the engine bay and can hear the mufflers even at idle. I have had RSRs on other 993s, but still had the sound pad in the engine bay. They have a great burble at idle and just the right amount of raspy bark under load. It is the perfect blend of sophisticated exhaust sound without the boy-racer listen-to-me drone. The best part of all is that when driven conservatively, it easily passes the wife test!

Thanks, Robin and Merry Christmas to all!

Hank Cohn
Old 12-24-2001, 01:38 PM
Jean-Marc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, you scared me so bad.... I thought that your project was to build a street RSR!!! Guess what, as I got home my dad had bought all French and Belgian Porsche magazines and one of them had a piece on a street 964 RSR... The factory built 20!!!
Anyway, I think that I have found a toy similar to mine for you. I'll make a couple of calls and then call you next week. BTW, I'm picking up some parts from Gert, if you need anything, now's the time to tell me
JM
Old 12-24-2001, 01:47 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
J-M:

Thanks for the offer to pick up some stuff. Will a 3.8l kit fit in your luggage? Just kidding. I am good for now and can hardly wait to hear what you have found!

Wish all well for me and talk to you soon,

Hank Cohn
Old 12-24-2001, 01:50 PM
Jean-Marc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK,
Over and out... It's time for a shower before the turkey here...
JM

Quick Reply: I've been RSR'd