993 Cab wax buildup on cab top

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 07:02 PM
okindao
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 993 Cab wax buildup on cab top

I have a 97 993 triple black cab 19,000 miles , great car, looks great but I continue to get a wax white like residue built up on the convertible top next to the body. probably due to applying wax and not being careful. What would you all recommend to remove the white like wax substance from the black convertible top.
appreciate all suggestions
Dennis in Cincinnati
Old 12-23-2001, 01:46 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I flip up the top along the edge so that I can wax under it and aviod getting wax on it. I also scrub the top with a brush when I wash her. Gotta love these 3b cabs!
Old 12-23-2001, 03:19 PM
okindao
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the input, unfortunately the top is pretty tight near the body areas that I am trying to wax so the brush and a good scrubbing will be the answer.

still love the Cab and the open air feeling do not notice any difference in body stiffness, but this is my first Porsche, really is a blast
Old 12-23-2001, 08:18 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Try the Porsche Cab top cleaner with a very soft brush like a very soft mascara brush. Brush the cleaner in one direction, and suggest not rubbing hard as it will be too aggressive with the canvas. That is how I removed the wax buildup on my midnite blue top. Now when waxing the area between the top, I either mask the area, or use my fingers when waxing. Actually I think even when buffing the area there is enough wax on the towel that would provide enough wax protection for the area you describe.

Quick Reply: 993 Cab wax buildup on cab top