Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Interesting Zaino vs. Conventional Wax Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 07:21 PM
Brent B. Adams
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting test and informative write-up. Thanks! I have to agree 100% with your results. I had been using Meguiar's Gold Class on both a '94 Toyota Landcruiser and a '99 Porsche C2 (both white). Did the whole recommended route with the Zaino. Started by washing with Dawn to strip all the old wax and then clayed the car with Zaino's Z-18 (I think that's the right product code). I then did the polish lok and polish route. Took about 3/4 of a day on each car. WOW! Huge difference on the older car and beautiful smoooooooth finish on both. It's been a few months and both cars still bead up very nicely. Better than any product I've ever used. I use the Gloss Enhancer spray after every other wash. Takes all of 5-10 minutes extra, even on the big Landcruiser. It works wonders also. Only question I have is how often the polish lok step 1 should be repeated? Before I took the step and ordered the product I shot off a few questions myself about what I'd heard were the dangers of using clay. Got an email back from Zaino promptly saying not to worry if you followed the directions and used plenty of lubricant (their car wash liquid diluted with water in a spray bottle). That's customer service. Worked wonders and I was a first time user of clay. Of course I used it on the Landcruiser b4 the Porsche (I'm not stupid!). No affiliation with Zaino, just a very satisfied customer. He does have distributors around the country. His guy in Anaheim is very nice and helpful. Zaino will give you the list if you want someone close or by ordering direct from him.

Quick Reply: Interesting Zaino vs. Conventional Wax Test