Sponsored by:

Houston based Rennlister needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Houston based Rennlister needed

If there is a Houston based Rennlister that has some time to be my eyes for me before I have a PPI done on a car, please PM or email me.
Looking for someone very very picky.
Thanks in advance.....
Old 01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

If that's the case, then just pick something out of inventory here, and have it sent directly for a PPI. No need for preliminary eyeballing, everything at RPM is pristine.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/

I'm not affiliated, I just want to save someone time.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:06 AM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Would still like a set of eyes that can look around the car for me, maybe take a few pics, as I may not be able to see it myself until delivery. So, if there is anyone that is up to it. PM or email.

Thanks again....
Old 01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carmen, I might have time this weekend. It just depends on what the weather is like ( a group of us are supposed to go MX ing). If the weather is poor I'll have some time. Where is the car ? You can e-mail me at Dp2boy@sbcglobal.net.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Try.....

Getting Mr. Callas to do a PPI and looking it over.....Great set of eyes.... and while Ray may not want to take it to Sealy to Mr. Callas , he will...... if you are a serious buyer
Old 01-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just what is MXing?

Originally Posted by dp2boy
Carmen, I might have time this weekend. It just depends on what the weather is like ( a group of us are supposed to go MX ing). If the weather is poor I'll have some time. Where is the car ? You can e-mail me at Dp2boy@sbcglobal.net.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:58 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Rob - When was the last time you were at RPM? I do agree that Ray seems to only represent quality cars. Are there any reviews that are unfavorable? Reason for requesting another set of eyes is I want someone other then the seller to provide me with opinion. Besides mechanical and concerns of car being 9 yrs old and sitting for some time, (which PPI will cover) I am interested in comments on the exterior and interior. Quality of paint, amount of road rash, wear on interior, etc. Due to some family matters I cannot take the time to get out to see car. Being a very picky person, I want someone as picky if not more to take a look.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

have you searched the archives on ray joseph or rpm?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Rob - I have seen the posts they go both ways.. I remember the negative posts about RPM from back when I had my '95 cab. I also remember the positive posts. If everything at RPM is 'pristine' there would be no negative feedback. That's my reason for asking another Houston based Rennlister to take a look at the car as if they were going to purchase.
I searched, am searching and will continue to search..
Old 01-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I only remember one series of negative posts, all from the same guy. I went to RPM one time on behalf of a Rennlister to look at a car. Took a bunch of pictures, and spent a good hour visiting w. Ray. Had never met Ray before, haven't spoken w. him since. But got Ray's side of the issue on that one negative poster. Formed my own opinion of him, personally, based on our conversation, his inventory, his facility, his longevity in the market, from other longstanding people in the local Porsche community's opinion of Ray, and from a friend's experience buying from him.

I'm not saying don't do a PPI. I just think that doing a visual prior to a PPI in this case is a waste of time - that's how positive an impression I have of RPM. If someone else has the time & inclination to go visit, that's wonderful. And if the car you're interested in is anywhere else *but* RPM, a visual prior to shelling out money for a PPI is a good idea. I've gone to two other locations in Houston to look at cars for other people, and both times those other cars had issues that weren't disclosed to the remote buyer. Wound up with a very nice cabernet from a grateful (and gracious) buyer from California. I know the other people/players in the community here. I'm just telling you you're going to the right place.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:53 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree with Robert. When I visited Ray a couple of times my jaw dropped from the visual condition of the cars. Visually they are flawless. While I have not bought a car from Ray a couple of parts I have bought, I never had a problem.
Again PPI like with every purchase is a must...
Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
I agree with Robert. When I visited Ray a couple of times my jaw dropped from the visual condition of the cars. Visually they are flawless. While I have not bought a car from Ray a couple of parts I have bought, I never had a problem.
Again PPI like with every purchase is a must...
The place is like a concours museum.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:20 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

RPMs product is fantastic. He's quite meticulous and [obviously] has a penchant for the 993 widebodies.

Last time I was there is to look at an M3 he had for sale.

BTW - I'm also available to put 'eyes' on a car. Let me know if I can help.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:34 PM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carmen. I have to agree with the other guys. I don't think Ray will put a car in his garage that isn't a 9.9. Let us know which car your looking at and I'm sure one of us around here can get out there for a look. His shop is on the same (west) side of town as Callas' unfortunately about 30 miles apart.
Robert, come on now !!! Motocrossing ! I haven't broken any bones in quite a few years so I thought I'd go out and try a bigger bike this weekend.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Hey Guys - first off thanks for all the positive, uplifting words. I had to get a shovel to dig out. I get the point. The car I am considering is the '96 White C4S. Interested in the look of the paint. I have seen many examples that were clean but the paint had so many swirls it made me sick. I am curious about the interior, the look (deviated) and the wear.
Basically a set of eyes, maybe some pics and a call while there of anything that looks suspicious. I know, I know.
Thanks again.....

Quick Reply: Houston based Rennlister needed