Sponsored by:

Houston based Rennlister needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by nota_troll
RPMs product is fantastic. He's quite meticulous and [obviously] has a penchant for the 993 widebodies.

Last time I was there is to look at an M3 he had for sale.

BTW - I'm also available to put 'eyes' on a car. Let me know if I can help.
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what you think of the Silver '97 C4S and '98 C2S Ray has right now. I'm particularly interested in the interiors as one would be my daily driver, and whether or not either has been PPI'd.

Links to each are below:

'98 C2S: http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door20.htm

'97 C4S: http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door3.htm

You can post your observations here.

YoungTurk
Old 01-09-2005, 12:52 PM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe I saw both these cars when I was at RPM several months back. I found both of them (assuming they are the same cars) to be as good a car as a '97 or '98 could be. I didn't crawl underneath the cars or check fitment gaps but the interiors were like new and the overall appearances were great. Ray told me he tries to provide a "new" car for people that want air cooled Porsches; I believe he gets real close. Of course, no affiliation, etc...
Old 01-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Young Turk

As to the '97, if you look carefully at the invoice, you will see some items listed are add-ons.......Ray does this quite frequently to dress up or option out "S" models, which is fine if you are not a fan of originality....

The car in question as had five owners per CarFax....kentucky to oklahoma to colorado, oh and a dealer or two also......I would suggest you run a CarFax

This is the type Porsche I would have Mr. Callas at Rennsports do a complete PPI on......Ray is a gentleman and has great cars....I've tried to buy from him a number of times...and would if pricing had worked out

Oh, the '98 didn't have a vin#....sorry
Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting thread ... has anyone had any success negotiating prices with Ray? He gave me some great advice a few years back when I was looking at some 993s. I'm currently smitten with the idea of getting another RWD Turbo (a 91 or 92), but I'm not sure how much (or if) he negotiates his asking prices, which are always top dollar. But he does get those particular cars in every once in a while.

Vic
95 C4 cab
Old 01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Vic - Ray isn't much of a negotiator, at least in my experience. I have bought 2 cars from him - a 964 and a 993 - and he did not negotiate much off the price at all. Granted, I'm not a very good negotiator either, and his prices are generally fair for what you get. He knows the market and prices the cars accordingly.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:11 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I was afraid of that ;-) ... thanks, Adrienne.

Vic
95 C4 cab

Quick Reply: Houston based Rennlister needed