Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: But have to share what happened yesterday (long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 07:17 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome story! Well written too. When you write the book, you need to include the 993 in the high speed chase
Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Flatair - AFAIK they didn't take anything else

Fred - Yes, I am still amped up

dianic - No they are not done, they really just started. I called the contractor this morning and told him what happened. He didn't want to take any blame for this but understood my position to terminate his services. Unfortunately he still has a couple slabs of granite that belongs to me.

Kelly - Changed the locks on the house today

Randy - Getting the license plate of the El Camino was the only thing I couldn't get
but wished I had. The traffic was pretty light and the El Camino was driving right in front of the Tahoe. Had I pulled up next to them and sat there looking at his license plate, it would have been a dead give away that I was following them.

The most dissappointing thing about this whole pursuit is that the CHP really could care less if they catch the thieves. They will track the stolen vehicle until it stops but once the thief jumps out of the car, they just let them go. If the Ventura County Sheriffs were involved I am confident that they would have been caught.

Scott
Old 01-05-2005, 09:36 PM
solsrch
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is about the only thing that could have taken the edge off my euphoric feeling from the Orange Bowl.
Having been through the car theft mill before, I was amazed how little GTA matters in the big scheme of things. I don't even think the police took prints the last time. I'm not sure if it is a reflection of society in general or how overworked law enforcement is today.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 PM
riviera 93
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris is right, jacker up, sell the tires, send him the calipers for safe keeping! On a serious note, I would have done the same thing! I hope I could stay as cool as you apparently did! Come-on Legal system! e

Love your wheels! (color)
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Randy M

I'm glad it worked out for you and you were not hurt. Another moral of the story: Watch whomever is in your house every minute they are working.
I too am glad that it worked out for you... the bottom line is trust NO ONE especially in your house.

I hope you called your contractor back or actually the sheriff should have.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Wow.... now I remember why we left the L.A. Area.

So glad that you got your Tahoe back and that no one was hurt
during the chase.

Some people are just pond scum.......

JoAnne
Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 PM
lowblow
Racer

WOW-
Amazing story. Obviously very happy you weren't harmed in the ordeal. It would have been cool to jump in the 993 and have chased their ASSES!!!!

mike
Old 01-06-2005, 12:15 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what sucks about un controlled immigration, those guys will be back in Mexico in no time. They won't have prints on record and they'll change their name when they come back.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
That's what sucks about un controlled immigration, those guys will be back in Mexico in no time. They won't have prints on record and they'll change their name when they come back.
I missed the part in the story about what nationality the thieves were.

Greg H.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:49 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Wow.... now I remember why we left the L.A. Area...
Exactly, this is a very dangerous place, it sucks to be us. Crime, earthquakes, traffic, you name it - if it's bad we have it. Tell your friends to tell their friends. No one should move here, ever!

Now, who wants to go on a canyon run?
Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 AM
solsrch
Pro

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Exactly, this is a very dangerous place, it sucks to be us. Crime, earthquakes, traffic, you name it - if it's bad we have it. Tell your friends to tell their friends. No one should move here, ever!

Now, who wants to go on a canyon run?
Exactly, I'd gladly trade my bad weather, insects, horrible traffic, racism, and crappy attitudes of the DC metro area for LA. It is far from perfect, but especially on the fringes, it is pretty darn good.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite a story. Many car thefts are done by breakins and stealing the keys: a friend got tied up (bdsm) during such a nightmare.

Police no longer care about catching car thieves. They do not want high speed chases or recovery attempts. For instance, many stolen high end cars end up in Russia. Even if fitted with a tracker, the police will not attempt a recovery... coz the fuzz in Russia is probably in on the scam.

Police are more interested in giving speeding tickets to law abiding citizens; coz catching thieves requires courage!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

That's one helluva story, Bradford. Incredible that you were able to catch them.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unbelievable story. Seems like you handled it quite well. I have been through something similar years ago. No fun. Glad you and your car are ok.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:49 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Similar thing happended to me a few years ago. I went to a car stereo exposition and bought a bunch of high end stereo equipment for the Jetta I was driving at the time. I felt funny when they asked me for my address on a cash transaction but gave it to them anyway. Within a week, my car was broken into in my driveway (in a decent neigheborhood) and all the stuff was stolen. Coincidence? I doubt it because my car was the only one to ever have broken into in the neighborhood that I know of and only the reciever was visible, the rest of the stuff was in the trunk. Now I always give a fake address whenever I buy something of value from someone I don't regularly do business with.

Wish they would have caught the SOB who tried to make off with your Tahoe. Or better yet, the SOB was disfigured in the ensuing foot chase by a Rottwieler in someone's backyard.

Quick Reply: OT: But have to share what happened yesterday (long)