993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Tsunami Relief

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
JohnJL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Tsunami Relief

A high proportion of us $ car owners are in management in decent sized organizations and have staff working for us. I would like to share the following message I distributed to my staff today...its a cheap and effective way to make a difference. In my case, I'll be out on vacation at that time mentioned, so its easy too...Maybe this will inspire someone else to do likewise.

I've XXX'd out portions to preserve some anonymity.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 1:04 PM
To: *CBG TECH Ne Team
Subject: Win my office for a week, lower your taxes and help another human being
Importance: High

Team,
While most of us were enjoying our holidays an unfathomable catastrophe took place in a beautiful and innocent part of the world. It is truly a sad and frustrating thing to see. Aid efforts continue to ramp up and they are in need of funds as this will be a long-term effort that needs fast response.

To this end, I'd like our team to be a part of helping this effort. We'll be running a raffle fundraiser, with the funds going to the Red Cross. The winner in XXX will have the use of my office for the week of January 24-28. The winner in XXX will have the office next to XXX.

I will match your donations up to $XXX. We're working to get this accepted in the XXXcorp donation matching program, so hopefully your donation will be matched up to 4X the original donation you make! For my XXX team, you are also invited to take part in this worthy cause! If the winner is from XXX and the winner can't/doesn't want to commute, we'll draw another winner here in XXX and we'll find a worthy reward for you!

Here's how it will work;

Mariann will be selling raffle tickets from her desk at $25 each. XXX will do the same in XXX. I'll make a trip to XXX next week. You can buy as many tickets as you like. Remember, we're working to get that donation matched up as high as $100 per ticket!

You'll receive a ticket stub denoting the amount of your donation. You should keep this as evidence of your donation, you may be able to use this as a tax deduction. This depends on your individual tax status.

On Thursday January 20, we'll draw a ticket and the winner's PC will be moved into my office the following Monday morning. Your phone will also be transferred into my office, so you'll right at home for the week. Same thing in XXX.

Please do help out with this effort. We all lead extraordinarily lucky lives and its our responsibility to share in this good fortune. In this case, we can also have a good time doing it!

Best Regards,
XXX

Quick Reply: OT: Tsunami Relief