993 Forum 1995-1998

Shot Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPorsche
DJ-----were you born an ******* or is that a trait you have developed overtime. If you want to express your opinion, do so, but allow others to do the same. Maybe you don't take as good of care of your car as other do and that why you have problems.
Chill!
Bubba JugAnudderP,

jist so weuns iz kleer, ol JimBob waz borned a ******* an i den wented ta skewl ta lern ta be almost az bigga ******* as yu ar. yall seems ta hav missed da part wear ya learned a cents o humor. yall *** in hear an look reel sillee an jumpin inta uder bubbas fun ta try to makey a point. well da only point yall seems ta be a makin iz on toppa yalls head.

yall reeeminds me a lot of dat udder bubba wit awl dem sillee nummers fer hiz name. he dint know much bout porch kars jist likey yall. evin tho yall duz seem kinda like da agrovatin bubba ol JimBob be thinkin yall is more likey dat bubba 19999999999999porch911. is yall reel gooder frends or iz it sumthin evin kloser.

Yur Fren,
JimBob
Old 01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fill
whats with all the emocaons...or whatever the hell they are?
So everyone--including freshly registered people just off the boat--know you're not serious, only joking. We don't want to cause any scarred-for-life emotional trauma 'round here.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Or suicides - don't forget the suicides!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randall G.
>>whats with all the emocaons...or whatever the hell they are?

So everyone--including freshly registered people just off the boat--know you're not serious, only joking. We don't want to cause any scarred-for-life emotional trauma 'round here.
oh I see. Kinda of like training wheels for the clueless..
Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally Posted by Randall G

We don't want to cause any...
Speak for yourself.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ
Speak for yourself.
Shooting for a suicide, or just scarred-for-life?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the issue of the life of shocks.

How long will the aftermarket shocks last? Are both time and mileage considerations?

I ask because my 97 had H&R coilovers installed when it was new or a year later, I'd have to check my paperwork to be sure. I believe the shocks are Bilstein. The car now has 12,500 miles on it and the shocks seem fine, actually the suspension is stiffer than other 993 with regular shocks that I've driven.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
flatair
Racer

I love this board
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by DJ
Was it what I wrote to EJ?
I dont think I have ever had my feelings hurt as badly as they are now. And by such a senior member no less. Wow, I am going to cry namby pamby to the moderators and even to that Wizard behind the curtain JohnD about this DJ A$$hole guy. What is his problem? Must be 6 foot 6 inch giant with no hair behind that computer. Big man syndrome - kind of the opposite of little man syndrome.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
I dont think I have ever had my feelings hurt as badly as they are now. And by such a senior member no less. Wow, I am going to cry namby pamby to the moderators and even to that Wizard behind the curtain JohnD about this DJ A$$hole guy. What is his problem? Must be 6 foot 6 inch giant with no hair behind that computer. Big man syndrome - kind of the opposite of little man syndrome.
psssstttt - you forgot the 17 smileys.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:18 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Originally Posted by Phil McGrath
oh I see. Kinda of like training wheels for the clueless..
kin ya help a bubba owt hear bubba fill? so ifn JimBob waz kiddin bout JugannuderP bein a *******, i shood be usin an emotionalkon ta be showin dat? iz dat rite?

wich wun dus I be usin ta show i relee be thinkin he be an *******?

Yur Fren,
JimBob
Old 01-04-2005, 07:32 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I almost can't believe this thread, I keep hitting refresh hoping it will go away........but no.....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:36 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
psssstttt - you forgot the 17 smileys.
Except I wasn't kidding. That DJ guy went way over the edge this time. I'm really mad with a full aresnal of weapons at the ready.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
Please don't feed the trolls.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DJ-----were you born an ******* or is that a trait you have developed overtime. If you want to express your opinion, do so, but allow others to do the same. Maybe you don't take as good of care of your car as other do and that why you have problems.
So... first 1999Porsche911 posts a wildly incorrect statement about shocks lasting the lifetime of the car, and gets called out on that. 1999Porsche911 hurriedly deletes his post since reinstated by the moderator.

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Your shocks should last for the life of your car. This is particularly true of your car because of the short throw of the struts. One symptom of a bad shock is continued bouncing after hitting a bump. You should be able to press down on the corner of your car and the car should spring back up with no bouncing.
A few hours later on the same thread, JustAnotherPorsche attacks one of the people who called out 1999Porsche911's bogus statement.

On another forum, 1999Porsche911 starts a new thread about clutch life. Within 50 minutes, he gets his first reply, from JustAnotherPorsche. Oddly, both posts come from the same IP address:

First post by 1999Porsche911: The IP Address is: 67.175.14.212. The host name is: c-67-175-14-212.client.comcast.net.
Second post by JustAnotherPorsche: The IP Address is: 67.175.14.212. The host name is: c-67-175-14-212.client.comcast.net.

So the only question left, is: are you off your medication, or are you just trying to game the system to cause trouble? In either case, I think you need to rethink your behavior.

I think a public apology is in order for both playing with yourself and attacking others. Playing with yourself is something best done in private, rather than sharing it with the rest of us. Do it again, and you'll be banned from these forums.

========================================================================

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Since there is an individual on this board who thinks the it is a FACT that all 996 owners have to replace their clutch every 2 years, I thought it would be of interest to see what our member's are experiencing. How's you clutch been?

I have had 2 porsches before my 996 and eached had over 100,000 miles on the original clutch. My current 996, althought going through back tires every 10,000 miles, has the orginal clutch after 5 years and 45,000 miles.

I would be interested in hearing from others on their clutch life.
4 years and 68,000 miles on mine. Daily driver. No problems yet. Who told you that you have to replace the clutch every 2 years anyway? He should drive a TIP.

Quick Reply: Shot Shocks