Last Suspension Question - I Promise...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Radar
Why? What can Devek or Viperbob do that others can't? Is Viperbob some sort of God?
This is an absurdly hostile post. Viperbob is a great Rennlist citizen.

Others will know better than I but AFAIK - recently, Bob has joined forces with Devek and there may be some who don't know it that would appreciate the information. As to why the Devek site may be focused on 928, as I understand it - prior to Bob's arrival, that was their focus so now the joint effort will result in a more diversified focus.

Radar, chill

Viken, thanks for the M030 vs. H&R/Eibach info

Last edited by fbfisher; 01-16-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:53 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow -- this post has been revived from the dead...so, to throw in my .02 cents on a couple things said of late here --

In addition to Viken's excellent (as always) expert input as to the benefits of M030 over Eibach, H&R, etc, I would add that some of us bought our cars as non-track vehicles, to take care of, maintain, keep as original Porsche as possible, etc. For those individuals, going with something like a M030 setup keeps the car reasonable factory, but provides better handling and longevity (Bilsteins) over the original equipment.

In terms of DEVEK, they have been great to deal with... I have never personally spoken with ViperBob, but Austin over there has been great during the purchase process. The package has taken forever to ship, but I think that has less to do with DEVEK, and more to do with supply on the European side for some of the components.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:57 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jonathan... It is always nice to meeting or speaking with fellow Rennlisters. You will also be happy to know that we got in a large shipment finally from Germany late Friday so lots of suspension setups will be going out on Monday
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
Thanks Jonathan... It is always nice to meeting or speaking with fellow Rennlisters. You will also be happy to know that we got in a large shipment finally from Germany late Friday so lots of suspension setups will be going out on Monday
Thanks Bob. No worries. I told Austin I would rather DEVEK take it's time, particularly with the fabricating that you do on the M030/Bilstein HD setup. I am sure I will be very happy with the result. Looking forward to it. thanks again...
Old 01-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Radar
Why? What can Devek or Viperbob do that others can't? Is Viperbob some sort of God?
VB is a Rennlist Sponsor, cooks BBQ roast beef for 10 while installing any suspension, all the while discussing any third subject automotive or not. Helps us newbies who have not or may never buy a thing from him. Pretty quick at the track. Just a nice guy. Those who expect more need to dial back a bit.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Radar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I don't know. I may have been biased because I had heard from several people who have had poor service from Viperbob. Besides, his sponsorship title disappeared for a while. I always wondered why that was?

Quick Reply: Last Suspension Question - I Promise...