Sponsored by:

factory 993 floormats

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 05:39 PM
dmccart
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face factory 993 floormats

I am trying to buy two new sets of factory 993 floormats, black with the red stitching. I've tried every place I can think of, including Gert in Germany. If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Arrow

To my understanding, Porsche has gone to a "standard" with their mats that includes such things as "matched stitching." Now with that said, I ordered up a set of factory Cashmere mats (with my $100 PCA cert! from Phil @ Suncoast/ Excellent service - thank you whom ever referred me to him) and they showed up with BLACK Porsche letters (suits me fine thank you).

I did fully expect them to have Cashmere letters though as I pulled them outta the "Tequipment" factory box.

The best part is the stitching along the outer edge of the mats. Its a stunning dark gold tone & looks great w/ the Cashmere material.

Anyhow... All the factory mats at a place like "Tweeks" show "matching thread" like I expected. So I guess its pot luck.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:33 PM
dcpmark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's my understanding that the black mats with red letters have not been available for quite some time. In February I found a set at a local dealer who had one left in their warehouse, but they didn't even know they had it until they looked. Most people are doing what you are doing.....calling every source to find any leftovers......you might try every dealer to see if you can find someone willing to check their parts warehouse.

If you find more than the two sets you are looking for, get a couple more sets for me, too.......

Quick Reply: factory 993 floormats